The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

EXD.COM

Old 05-27-2004 | 10:05 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I brought this up somewhere else, but I'll post about it now because it just erks me how badly the guys at EXD.com (ElantraXD.com) treat new comers and how badly they act to the rest of the community. They are worse than the GK guys.

Simple concept here, everytime we have a GB I tell folks to take it over there, maybe those guys would want some parts too. Eveyone knows this. Everyone also knows that I am not a REP of Kspec.com, me and David work DIRECTLY together. Hell, everyone ELSE on the internet, besides the hermits over at EXD know this. I simply brought them the GB for the Beta 1/2 Ramair IM, told them that yes, it does fit their cars (the TB's and IM's are almost identical) and that it requires a modification to fit their cars.

Group Buy Thread at EXD.

So, promptly the thread gets locked because Kspec.com didn't post it.

Uhm... Refer to the previous paragraph, Kspec.com DID post it and follow all the rules of their BS forum. Then I opened a topic in their flame forum asking why it got closed as I followed all the rules...

Why was my GB Locked?

I was calm and to the point but the guys there went crazy because I opened a flame to ask about it. Where else should it have gone? They said I should have PM'ed someone about it. Tell me this, go there, register, and try to figure out how to PM someone.

Right.

I should have been PM'ed, but they don't agree. Whatever.

Then, Ford's crazy ass starts another flame thread because I stated that I never see him put any usefull info on HA.com or other sites. Here is that thread...

Fordfasterr's KSPEC's INTAKE GB SUCKS!! Thread

So I closed the GB there, told them not to bother as I will not be posting there anymore and they will not have further access to GB's thru Kspec.com

Ford thought he'd put that intake on his mostly stock XD and get 25 HP. Instead he probably welded the IAC on in the wrong place or position and screwed up the install. All the idiots over there are saying that it doesn't fit the Beta 2. It fits it perfectly, we have the same setup down there to fit it. Even the TB fits perfectly. As I stated in my GB, Beta 2's require you to drill a hole and weld on the IAC. Ford says we never said that.

Then the final masterpiece, he ownz himself.

Here's a picture of his 3 INCH CAI.

Again, as David stated when he went there to back me up, the claims of HP and such are on a TUNED car, and are the MFR claims directly translated by David.

There is more, but I'm tired of typing about it. I just needed to get this off my chest. Feel free to comment or whatever.
Old 05-27-2004 | 10:15 AM

Default EXD.COM

I read both threads, the posts were very interesting.

Better to have that kind of crap over there.

If this site gets to be like that, I would probably not stick around here much.
Old 05-27-2004 | 10:19 AM

Look at the lack of traffic over there.

Matter of fact, go to their GB forum, they've had some nice GB's with NO one participating or just 1 or 2.

What got me is when they went off saying "You should see what we want and know about our cars first".

Duh, how the hell else would I know that they use the same IM we do? Or what mods it needed to work?

Then they b****ed about buying an item then having to mod it. Uhm, that's like HALF the tuning parts in the world. From body kits to turbo kits.

THis site will not get to that.

Fo sho. Not while I'm here. I'm actually proud of RD, GB capital of the Hyundai world, not to mention how friendly most of us are.
Old 05-27-2004 | 10:22 AM

That site is going through some weird crap right now. People leaving, people getting pissed off and boycotting the site, blah, blah.
Hopefully everyone calms down over there and relaxes.
Old 05-27-2004 | 10:50 AM

K, I mod over on EXD (I'm not about to duck and hide cause I had no part in what happened with that buy) - and I haven't read over the entire GB stuff, I've only glanced over it quickly. Redz, please, don't be so pompous as to think that everyone knows who you are. You had never introduced yourself to any of the mods or even members on that site - your first post was about the buy. Were we all supposed to read your mind or something? (Granted, because I am on this site and I know who you are etc, doesn't necessarily mean that other people look on the RD forum or wherever you post to find out who you are.) David - the owner if I am not mistaken - never even posted anything about that, we are familiar with him, not with you. I speak with David semi-regularly and I know along with other members that KSpec is on the up and up.

If you are closing this buy - why? Because someone flamed you?? Ford has his own ego and mainly everyone knows to ignore him on the site..it is a site for conflict - that's about all I can say about that for now. You even stated in your thread - "Confusion all cleared up and worked out."

EXD is going through some rough times right now with too many egos banging into eachother...I think you just got in there at the wrong time or something.....have your group buy as you want it...I wouldn't say that there will be like 20 people jumping on it, because quite frankly only a handful of group buys have succeeded on that site (alot of people there are too cheap and too scared to jump in on them.) I assume the mess was cleared up and it's business as usual. You were totally calm and to the point in your original buy thread, so don't worry about the shit happening in the 'flame' and concentrate on doing the buy - it seems pretty simple and fine with me. I'm sure people will be interested in it, just don't hold your breath for too long on it.
Old 05-27-2004 | 11:28 AM

XTRA said everything right. No flames needed. Some people just like to b**** and as it was stated before exd going though some hard times, way too many things going on.

And you should have introduced yourself because only a couple of people know you, and if you read the rules I think it says that you need to PM mod before starting a GB.

Regarding traffic, we do have a sh*t load of people here. RD.com cannot compare to EXD.

Lets all live happily and friendly now!!!
Old 05-27-2004 | 11:40 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I don't care, the guy is a ricer and doesn't know jacksh!t about modding a naturally aspirated car. He obviously bought the manifold for the ricey show factor. He bought a $600 manifold but has a shitty ram pod and stock exhaust? WTF?
Old 05-27-2004 | 11:42 AM

he's not a ricer, he just tries different things all the time! he is a pioneer on exd!
Old 05-27-2004 | 12:00 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (XTRAWLD)</div><div class='quotemain'>Redz, please, don't be so pompous as to think that everyone knows who you are. You had never introduced yourself to any of the mods or even members on that site - your first post was about the buy.</div>

Sorry, but I don't need to introduce myself to mods or members. Posting does that for me. I came in, told them I had a group buy for them, that David and I had discussed it (Funny, everyone there knew who David was), and told about the Group Buy. Nothing against the rules at all. Considering the REST of the Hyundai Tuning community goes to more than one forum, and Fordfasterr and GLS are 2 of those folks that I see elsewhere, I figured the rest of you do as we do also, and would know. The problem comes from locking someone's threads like that with no notice, no email, no PM, nothing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Were we all supposed to read your mind or something?</div>

No, it's simple, "We all" were supposed to read the group buy, and state if they wanted in on it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>David - the owner if I am not mistaken - never even posted anything about that, we are familiar with him, not with you. I speak with David semi-regularly and I know along with other members that KSpec is on the up and up.</div>

Never posted anything about what? Me being his partner? Yes, he did, it was also posted on EXD by one of the members there. It's on Kspec.com in the Notices section, there was a thread here about it, and David also posted on EXD about it what, 2 days ago? If you all missed the posting on Kspec.com or didn't bother looking at it, that's not my fault either now is it? David takes care of our Korean business and NT.com, now he's taking care of ElantraGT.com . I take care of RDTiburon.com, HA.com, HP.com, and was supposed to take care of EXD.com.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>If you are closing this buy - why? Because someone flamed you?? Ford has his own ego and mainly everyone knows to ignore him on the site..it is a site for conflict - that's about all I can say about that for now. You even stated in your thread - "Confusion all cleared up and worked out."</div>

I closed it there because no one is interested. That got force fed into me quickly. I was told that "everyone here has lightly modified cars" and that "we dont' want this item". I was even told I know nothing about the XD and didn't even know what fit what. If this is so why would I even have brought that GB over there? The Airram does fit. You DO have to modify it a bit. That is all in the first post of the GB I posted there. I thank GLS for getting rid of all the offtopic posts and flame posts in my GB over there, those were about the only responses besides one person asking "ford, do these work for our cars"? The confusion was all cleared up and worked out, but Ford is still talking out his ass. 3 inch intake? Come ON!!! Warm air intakes getting the same gains as a CAI? My ass. It's all worked out reguarding me, but until that site gets some manners my man, I've got no plans on returning.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>EXD is going through some rough times right now with too many egos banging into eachother...I think you just got in there at the wrong time or something</div>.

I feel the SAME way. I'd heard some rumors at HP about what was going on over there but I stayed out of it. I DO thank you and OP for posting here and trying to clear the air. It's nice to see some of ya'll are about the Community.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I wouldn't say that there will be like 20 people jumping on it, because quite frankly only a handful of group buys have succeeded on that site (alot of people there are too cheap and too scared to jump in on them.)</div>

That's the feeling I got after looking at the Mussa Strut Bar GB and a few of the others. It's a shame, that's a great car to mod. I wasn't expecting even 5 folks after looking at the traffic there, but even 1 person getting in on it would help everyone else out.

Thanks for the informative post my man, and for lettin me vent a bit. GLS left the GB open over there and anyone interested is more than welcome.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>And you should have introduced yourself because only a couple of people know you, and if you read the rules I think it says that you need to PM mod before starting a GB. </div>

Ehh, I don't agree with you, folks that work for or with companies don't NEED to introduce themselves. Rick from Real Engineering didn't here, everything is fine. Tim from Speed Factor didn't, everything is fine. As for PM's to start a GB there, no, you don't, these are the rules for posting one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>BlueGT
Administrator
Read These Rules Before Starting a Thread!

1. This section is for officially registered businesses only. Private individuals must make their For Sale posts in Marketplace section.
2. One product per thread.
3. Each company is allowed to have only one thread per month (if you would like to be able to run unlimited number of GBs/specials and/or run banner advertisements on EXD.com, please contact me to discuss sponsorship options).
4. You cannot offer a product if there is another company already running a special/GB on it.</div>

Ford sitting over there calling it a "Air-Scam" intake and titling his flame "Kspec Airram Group Buy SUCKS" is stupid.

What sucks about the Group Buy?
Old 05-27-2004 | 12:08 PM

i feel ya redz, but please dont think that exd is a bad place. we all going thought bad times and no need to flame us now. plus everyone is just concerned about some stupid things!