The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Dayum! I Got Broken Into...

Old 11-19-2006 | 09:21 PM

First time for me.

Parked my car 8 blocks from my home, on Clark and Edgewater in North Chicago. Went in to a resteraunt, 40 minutes later, we came out only to see my window open.

I walk up to the car and see the console in pieces, glass everywhere and my stereo missing.

The sad part is that the stereo was bought used on these forums and wasn't worth more than $50-$60. It was a Pioneer (can't remember the model #). The thief didn't wreck the paintjob, left my Oakleys (worth more than the stereo), a Harley knife and everything else in tact.

I have State Farm with a $500 deductable. Is there any way to get some $ out of the insurance company or is all if this going to be out of pocket?

How much would a replacement glass cost?

I'm still in shock.
Old 11-19-2006 | 09:44 PM

I'm sorry to hear about this, but if you have a $500 deductable you're going to end up paying everything. I know the front windshield costs $200 - $250 with installation, i dont know about the other ones. I dont think all that damage will be more than five hundred. I might be wrong though.

I recomend you make an estimate, get the prices, if it goes above then informe your inssurance company, if not, dont even bother, they will not pay for it and raise your insurance. That's what happend to me and i ended up changeing insurance company.
Old 11-19-2006 | 09:47 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

When I got my drivers window replaced it was about $160 with labor.
Old 11-19-2006 | 09:49 PM

I guess I screwed up. I called the Police and filed a report. Then, I called the Insurance company, thinking it was the next thing to do.

I guess I won't get anything out of it, but if they raise their rates, they lose a customer.
Old 11-20-2006 | 01:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

eh, they won't raise it unless they are jerks, mine windshield cracked, I got it replaced. My insurance actually went down the next payment. They mainly raise it for expensive stuff and because of wrecks.
Old 11-20-2006 | 04:43 PM
Banned

damn, that sucks.. sorry to hear about that.. stupid thiefs... 02.gif i woulda filed that report, and said the oakleys were stolen, the knife and some other things.. then you coulda got your 500$ worth, and said it was an expensive radio.. if they ask for pics, i can send you pics of my radio.. flip out mp3.
Old 11-21-2006 | 07:52 PM

been broken into twice.. lesson learned, not modding my mazda wink1.gif
Old 11-21-2006 | 09:15 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dweet @ Nov 21 2006, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>been broken into twice.. lesson learned, not modding my mazda wink1.gif</div>
I hope that means your RD was broken into twice... you haven't had your mazdaspeed long enough for 2 break-ins!