The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Custom Composite = HUGE BOYCOTT! UPDATE! 10 Jul

Old 04-26-2004 | 11:02 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Curt, from CustomComposite, is ignoring all my messages on his phone and on his email.

Here's the deal...

1. I bought the Cadamuro Hood Scoop off of a guy at HA.com early last year and had it sent to Curt.

2. We agreed that he would make me a full Fiberglass hood with the scoop integrated, 2 extra scoops for a project Idea I have, that mine would be 300 shipped for all of it then he could sell the hoods as he wished.

3. Months later after I was promised it would ship, I asked him for the hood again and he promised me it was finished and on the way. A month later again he said the same, and that he would add a hood latch because I wanted one.

4. He again asks for my address to ship and said he would pay half for S/H because he couldn't remember saying the 300 was shipped. I said no problem.

5. Finally he shipped my hood, I got it and a email right before it got here saying that he took the hood off his own car and sent it to me because he is making himself one out of CF. I received the hood and had to pay $240 bucks for the S/H on it. It was VERY poorly packaged (Big ass box with some stapled Cardboard over the 2 corners and front lip), and had a good chip in the front edge. There was no hood latch on it, and because it was on his car, it had the hood pin holes already drilled in it for HIS car, they don't line up for my pins. The extra scoops weren't in the box at all, but I accepted the hood because I knew he would ignore me afterwards. The blocks that the hood hinges hook up to have the wrong threads in them and you have to get new bolts, the OEM ones won't fit.

So, where I sit is I have 1/2 of my order with him, he won't return phone calls and won't return emails. He hasn't paid the $120 he owes me for S/H and I have copies of most of our email communication. I still am waiting for my 2 scoops and such but nothing has shown up. Half of the delays in the hood shipping were because he was waiting for the guy that makes the crates he ships them in, it showed up in a cardboard box. I've been more than patient and cordial with him but I need some help here. I'm going to post all of this up on HA.com and RDTiburon.com so folks know.

I'm advising a Boycott of CustomComposite products fellas and ladies, it's been well over a year now and he hasn't completed this order.
Old 04-26-2004 | 12:59 PM

Bump for the Gripes update.
Old 04-26-2004 | 02:55 PM

That sucks dude. It is so hard to find quality people to deal with anymore.
The shop that I ordered my VIS hood said that I could also order a Custom Coposite hood, I said, ahhh , yeah, NO Thanks!
Old 04-26-2004 | 04:16 PM

That really sucks and I commented on another post too....we need to fry one of these suckers so they will see that you can't screw with the Hyundai Tuners.....
Old 04-26-2004 | 04:54 PM

I just need to find someone close to him to visit.

Heh...
Old 04-26-2004 | 05:36 PM

WRC :twisted: , I'm in MD (theres a couple others, but you prob know that already).........don't know about the PA people here, but i'm sure some of them are w/in reach of his neck............

Maybe someone will come out of there w/ a free CF hood..........hmmmmmmm
Old 04-26-2004 | 07:55 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Post an address of Custom Composite. We need to get this dealt with. I will join your boycott, as I'm also in the market for a new hood.
Old 04-26-2004 | 10:45 PM

No problem. As soon as I have my comp back up, we are at it.
Old 04-27-2004 | 09:45 PM

I never trusted the guy ever since he made the "nostril" hood. That thing was terrible. While we're at it, can we hunt Dan of KORE down, he owes me some items too.
Old 05-02-2004 | 10:34 AM

Time to go to PA