The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Crazy Mom

Old 01-12-2007 | 03:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Yeah so my mom is nuts. I wake up this morning to look at my stock which opened incredabily high today yielding about 200$ profit which made me very excited. I go in to tell my mom who has always been into investing and shes already in a pissed off mood for go knows what reason. So since she doesnt feel like talking, I say to her that im going to the junkyard with a few buddies to try and get a block for my friend's talon that blew up. [Side note, talon + 14 psi + stock motor = should work, but threw rod anyway] Upon telling her of my leaving she decides to flip shit complaining how I have too much shit piling up in the garage. this shit would just so happen to be all the OEM parts I have been collecting from the junkyard to put back on the tib in order to sell it.

If your still following my rambling it gets much worse. Since my mom is crazy she brings up every past arugment we ever have when ever we get in a little tiff. And since she hasnt flipped in a while, she had alot on her mind to blow steam about. So I decided im just going to walk out to my tib and leave... Bad Idea. At this point I am now a good-for-nothing, selfish asshole bastard (verbatim). She runs to the car and starts smacking my window so I roll it down calling her a nutcase and she friggin elbow strikes me and closed fist hits me a few times. At that point I just took off ... poor cold tibby...

I think this is one of the first times I have ever complained about my situation at home and I feel I just need to say it somewhere. I usually just keep it in, its not that I have a bad family life or nothing or this happens every day, but its times like this where it pisses me off when I hear other people complain about their "so-called" shitty lives that are shitty because they couldnt go to such-and-such concert, or american eagle was out of pink t shirts or some bullshit like that. Its times like this I wish I could make those people see how things are for some people, yet I still mange to be one of the happiest people you will meet in public.
Old 01-12-2007 | 03:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

every once in a while people jsut blow up. i hate it when im around but it happens. work on the tib or any car and problems are quickly forgotten.
Old 01-12-2007 | 03:39 PM

lol, i have very similar problems. a lot of times alcohol is involved on her side as well. anytime i'm home after say 8 i just try to avoid her. thats why moving away from home for school has been a godsend. i've learned that while my mom does help me out immensely with a ton of things some of her thoughts and actions stem directly from the hell, and any amount of covering them up during the day is gone if she starts to drink.
Old 01-12-2007 | 03:46 PM

Well, I wish it was just every once in a while lol, she has a very short fuse and is not exactly what you call a thinker. Simply trying to explain logic to her will make her nuts. Believe me, this isnt hte first time, and when I mean she hasnt flipped shit in a while, i mean like 4 or 5 days.

I wish I could blame it on alcohol, and am prolly moving out very soon, money seems to have fallen into my hands several ways. Working on the tib is prolly my only release, thank god for tibby laugh.gif
Old 01-12-2007 | 07:00 PM

No matter what I always tell people to cherish their parents (except crazy alcoholics or druggies) just cause if you lose em, thats it.

Your situation does look like it sucks, and moving away def. will help, but I hope you just dont totally forget about your ma when that happens..I mean their must have been some good times with her lol.

Moms go through crazy moods, I remember my mom would be p/o'ed for no reason or she'd just be in a bad mood and just unleash all the things wrong with me. I mean shed do that to the point of me crying, but I didnt give her crap because 90% of the time she was the best mom ever.
Old 01-12-2007 | 07:18 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

Just calm yourself before you're old enough to leave the house. Moms are always right. My Mom and Dad beat me everyday when I was young, they complained about everything I did.. but I love my parents so much now. Just give your "Crazy" Mom a hug, and just calmly talk to her.
Old 01-12-2007 | 11:53 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>No matter what I always tell people to cherish their parents (except crazy alcoholics or druggies) just cause if you lose em, thats it.</div>

YEP. That's 100% truest statement. My father was in the Polish underground in WW2, he's 80 years old. I NEVER give him any crap except that he sometimes drives too slow cool.gif . My parents used to give me so much nonsense about my car and how I wasted a lot of money on it. True, I have wasted a forkload of cash, ($9,000 thus far, maybe more) on getting everything together right and toying around but in the end it's just like told them. They love my car dearly now and know exactly that it's better I'm after my car than some random asshole girlfriend who I pointlessly spend money on and have dumb problems with.

I don't know how much this has to do with your mom's behavior, but my jungle-like sister gives me crap about my car ALL the time that annoying brat--she's 24 but acts like 14. But you know, better a sister to argue with than none at all. I know deep inside she's jealous because I have accomplished something I wanted and turned it into something to brag about while still having money leftover whereas she has nothing. Her money went through a ton of asshole jerks and has no money leftover because she spent it on smokes, beer, and gasolene. I'm quite normal, never argue with my folks because I'm thankful they let me live with them and our time together is precious. I never had any crazy phases or abnormalities and just want to talk to my sister about how things could be better nicely and pleasantly and that crazy girl just goes off for no reason. if your mom is as impossible as my sister is, all you will be able to do is show her by having proof that what you are doing is the best you can possibly do.

Moms blow up but your mom did because you are selling the car. Everyone does man, it's normal. You think you got problems until someone close to you has cancer, or dies unwillingly or accidentally. It's human and you need to explain to her that you are selling the car shortly and going to have something better.
Old 01-13-2007 | 12:07 AM

^Exactly! Very well said.

You start to regret everything bad you said or did once someone close to you gets cancer or something else horrible happens to them. Thats why I say, cherish your parents..everyday. Im glad I cherished my mom while she was still alive.

And, my dad also hates that I mess with my car, and yells at me about it, but he knows truly how much I love the car and that back in the day he was the same way. So he cuts me some slack lol..he just doesnt want to see me waste my money for nothing. I bet that your mom has some kind of worry about you selling the car.

Mom's have their days, thats normal. Just talk to her about it and Im sure all will work out.
Old 01-13-2007 | 07:26 AM

I know everyone here is defending your mom.. but I have to add this. The fact that she hit you and elbowed you in the face when you tried to leave rather than arguing with her is NOT normal.

She needs help if this is normal for her
Old 01-13-2007 | 07:31 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT

please first of all dont take what im going to ask you wrong, but due to what ive been through is there a chance youre mom does any drugs without you knowing?