The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Car Just Got Backed Into

Old 01-02-2007 | 09:28 PM
Banned

so my car is legally parked in the street in front of my parents house, and i hear crack pop crack. .and i look outside and see the neighbor across the street pulling away after backing into my car and just left.. didnt even stop and look.. just drove right off i dont have full coverage cuz i cant afford it and it looks like door damage, and my whole front fender i more bad luck EVERY day.. will get pics asap.. 02.gif imma sell this dumb car.
Old 01-02-2007 | 09:31 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

damn bro, sorry to hear. why didnt u call the police and get your liablity??are you sure it was the neighbors??
Old 01-02-2007 | 09:32 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

You call the cops?

Talk to the neighbor when he/she gets back.
Old 01-02-2007 | 09:37 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

hell bro y didnt ya gimme a ring. mb i could get it fixed for ya, member i got tools duh lol. seriously tho hit me bk or pm me
Old 01-02-2007 | 10:10 PM
Banned

called cops, and they said since it was soo dark, and i saw them leaving, and couldnt see if it WAS for sure the neighbor, they wont be able to do anything if he denies it, and if he has his car fixed by time they find him.
Old 01-02-2007 | 10:58 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

he wont get it fixed that fast, if you want to be sneaky, go over there with a tape recorder and just say you want an apology and if he admits it youve got him nailed.
Old 01-03-2007 | 12:05 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

they backed into your tiburon??

long as you know the neighbors cars, you recognize it. if not you have to knock on their door and tell them.

that sucks man.. sorry to hear that. not a great way to start the year.
Old 01-03-2007 | 12:11 AM
Banned

dood, nothing goes right for me..

i cant prove it was this guys car, unless i can find paint transfer and scratches.. if he buffed out the scratches, theres no proof, it was 1130 at night, so i couldnt get a plate #, i just heard a scrape and then i looked outside, and the car was pulling its self off my fender.. and left..
Old 01-03-2007 | 12:38 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

you know u get on me for wanting to sell my car, ive had this shit happen twice to my tib... anyways, the cop you talked to is living out of his asshole, hes so full of shit its unbelievable. your neighbor should have paint or some kind of damage on his car. Take pictures of your car, take pictures of his car, and then confront him with a bill. He will either pay or refuse. When he refuses you tell him that you are going to take him to court with the evidence against him and he will most probably start to get a little scared. You need to go to him with a calm but puersuading attitude and use anything to your advantage, i.e. size of vehicles, his driving habits, etc.etc. Tomorrow go to the police station and fire a hit and run charge against him so it is atleast on paper.

by the way, you want HIS insurance company to pay for it, not yours thats why you go after him. Full coverage is if you turn in the claim, then your insurance company takes care of your mistakes then takes your rates and throws them sky high.

hit me up if u got ne questions ive been through this alot living in the city.
Old 01-03-2007 | 06:45 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Just go over and take pics of the car, chances are if they just drove away they're either scared, or stupid and didn't realise how bad they hit you. If it was legally parked, then is it not considered hit and run? Or leaving the scene of an accident? If it was a parking lot, its different, but since its on the street, they're liable.