The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Canadian Customs!

Old 02-27-2006 | 09:54 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata

i recently purchased motoria catback from importshark.com through Tom
i didn't know they were actually the same company as ssautochrome on eBay...
anyways, i ordered it on feb.3, and it's still not here yet.
stupid Canadian customs is holding the shipment because apparently they check ALL ssautochrome shipments to Canada.
this time, I didn't actually ask Importshark to put a low amount under customs declaration, but for some reason they indicated it as "17 USD" product.
so now, canadian customs wants to see my paypal receipt!

so in the end, here's what i ended up with....$260 USD for exhaust, 15% tax, brokerage fee, and ONE MONTH waiting time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhh i really hate canadian customs!!!!
Old 02-27-2006 | 09:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

im pretty sure they arent the same company. he probably just relayed the order to them.
Old 02-27-2006 | 10:49 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

They aren't the same company at all. He's probably importing his Moteria exhausts with them.
Old 02-28-2006 | 01:18 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

damn, that sucks!

one month waiting time - is it a punishment by customs?
Old 02-28-2006 | 08:47 AM

I hear ya man,, our customs are the worst!! I waited forever to finally get my license plate from dragun,, it was shipped in like decmeber and showed up in the middle of january! Same with when i ordered my springs from Hyundaiperformance last year,, took forever to get across the border. The joys of living up here and all the stuff for our cars is in the states or over seas mad.gif
Old 02-28-2006 | 09:13 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ('REDZMAN')</div><div class='quotemain'>They aren't the same company at all. He's probably importing his Moteria exhausts with them.</div>

ahhhhh! that's not good...!! i better make sure they put the correct amount next time i order from them then..!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ('Dmitry')</div><div class='quotemain'>one month waiting time - is it a punishment by customs?</div>

not a punishment...just took a really long time to send documents back and forth, got rejected, find more documents, send them, still rejected, etc. etc.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ('Burlington Tib')</div><div class='quotemain'>The joys of living up here and all the stuff for our cars is in the states or over seas</div>

even if the stuff was available up here, it'd be overpriced anyway...ahhhhhh we pay so much taxes yet everything else we pay for are still overpriced! ugh!!
Old 02-28-2006 | 09:41 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

That sucks. I used to have the Motoria exhaust and I also purchased it from Importshark. They did the same thing - marked it as used exhaust pipes with a $20 value. Mine was not held up at all though and I did not have to pay anything extra. I guess in this case it caused you a lot of grief but they are just doing it to try to help out the customer in avoiding duties/taxes.
Old 02-28-2006 | 05:21 PM

Thats why you gotta have a hook up in the US, and then smuggle stuff cross the border. Thats what I plan on doing after I move up there.
Old 02-28-2006 | 08:32 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Im within smuggling distance depending on where you live, if anybody asked why i was going to canada with an exhaust in my trunk, i would just say that i was going to canada to get it installed at a friends garage. If anybody needs a hook up, im your man :-D
Old 02-28-2006 | 08:47 PM

Ive never had my car searched. Im hoping they dont search my car on Friday cause its gonna be packed full of my sh!t.