The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

California And Mods

Old 04-01-2006 | 03:42 AM

Okay guys i was on my way home from work at Starbucks and it is like 1:30 am and i am two or three blocks from home. This police car pulls behind me at a light then pulls me over for a modified exhaust. He says that he heard it!! there is no way that he could have heard it! i was only going 20mph!!! He completely profiled my car. Then he had me pop my hood and he saw my headers and intake. Now i have to get everything checked out and resmogged. i hate California's car laws, they are the most strict and hardly prevent what the laws were meant to prevent---street racing deaths and injuries---

Who else has had to deal with these stupid kind of laws?
Old 04-01-2006 | 04:19 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

put a heat shield on the headers, so that it looked like stock.

also I think you can put your CAI through stock airbox. Filter will be in the bumper, but just for look tube will go though airbox.
Old 04-01-2006 | 08:56 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I got a $110 fine for having my blue lights under the car turned on.

Apparently I was impersonating a snow removal vehicle.....in August.....I didnt argue, but I did point out that my front bumper was low enough to plow snow.....
Old 04-01-2006 | 08:59 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

man, i sure am glad I live in ky. they wouldn't care if I had the exhaust ran out my hood and no muffler. just as long as I'm not going 10+ over and not doing donuts in the middle of the road they are fine with it.
Old 04-01-2006 | 09:08 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

korea's worse they pop you for any and all... they dont f*** with me.. they can talk in english so they leave me alone.. but they like to f*** with me any way and i mess with them too...i feel you homie. they got me the other night and said i needed a internatinal driver license so i played dumb with them. for 15 mins then in perfect korean i said why dont you call the Mitlary police and ask them, i know you are they type of korean that hates americans, its not my fault your a cop. i have lived in your country for 23 years and i have see your type before so do what you think you can do. you only will show your and mornon...

he gave me back my id card and said go... so you are not alone....

never dispair player pm me any time i got alot of cop storys LOL
Old 04-01-2006 | 09:09 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

HAHA they do everything to nag us...

fokkers. yeah troopers suck ass. regular cops i always love. park police sometimes... not all the time.

i kept my exhaust louder just for them troopers. i love when they check me out and can't do squat about my car. yesterday one tried to pull me over, guy was tailing me for about 2 miles. guess what asswhole, i don't have a **** record!

i would hate to live in cali... poor jaws and chris...

rix, you should have went to court man. when i went to court a few years back for my registration ticket, the judge laughed at the cop and told me to pay $12. in his FACE!! hahaha.
Old 04-01-2006 | 09:36 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I know Spiffywerks and Blacktibs have tons of trouble with the L.A. cops. I think it's rediculous that they spend their time looking at modified cars instead of real police work.

If you REALLY want to get something done about it, Get with Blacktibs and go with him to court and help SEMA fight this problem.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rixshark @ Apr 1 2006, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I got a $110 fine for having my blue lights under the car turned on.

Apparently I was impersonating a snow removal vehicle.....in August.....I didnt argue, but I did point out that my front bumper was low enough to plow snow.....</div>
I get that ALL the time.... lmao.gif j/k
Old 04-01-2006 | 10:29 AM

we dont get in trouble around here for modified engines and stuff but we do get it real hard for lighting. i had a cop tail me for a whole night because i had some green lights in my front bumper marker things (the lights below the headlights) he pulled me over twice that night and finally gave me a 50 dollar ticket... i went to court and told the judge what was up... he ended up getting repremanded. IN YO FACE. but the worst of it is the 150 dollar tickets we get for undercar neons. they say that the lights impersonate police vehicles (mine are green.... who can tell me any police organization which uses green lights) what kinda crap is that... they also say that the lights cannot face forward... well they actually dont face forward idiots... they face down.

cops suck
Old 04-01-2006 | 02:02 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Apr 1 2006, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>rix, you should have went to court man. when i went to court a few years back for my registration ticket, the judge laughed at the cop and told me to pay $12. in his FACE!! hahaha.</div>

See, here we have Project ERASE and PACER. Not sure exactly what they stand for but its total BS. Project ERASE handed out free vouchers whenever they set up a display at a car show. The day that the event was supposed to be held, the set up roadblocks around the track and were handing out tickets left,right, and centre. Every car was inspected. If they really want to eliminate racing on the streets, DON'T DO THAT CRAP!

I fought 1 of the 3, and they only reduced it to $75. Where I live, its almost impossible to drive my car and get any respect on the road. People treat modded cars worse than bikers. For example, when I try to merge onto the highway, nobody will let me in, they'll speed up, then slow down and let the car ahead of me in. I just get really annoyed with it because I'm always courteous to other drivers.
Old 04-01-2006 | 03:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

That really sucks. Im real happy I dont live in Cali. In Jersey, cops up north where Im from are cool, they only get you if your excessively speeding or street racing. In south Jersey, Ive heard their a little more strict..usually going after the modded cars. Its not so bad though. fing02.gif