The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Body kits, Honda drivers, WTF says it all.

Old 01-27-2005 | 05:14 PM

Default Body kits, Honda drivers, WTF says it all.

WTF is with the retards with body kits that aren't painted. I realize paint jobs can be spendy, but please... STOP PUTTING THE BODY KIT ON WITHOUT PAINT. It makes you look like a retard and your car look like ****. If you have no self respect, PLEASE... at least have some respect for your car. I live in a SMALL town of about 11,500 people. It's a retirement town and the amount of old people VASTLY out numbers the amount of young people. Seeing somebody with a car with a body kit (painted) is a rare thing. I've seen an Integra, Two civics, and an older Accord (I think that's what it was) all with body kits that are either NOT painted, or it looks like the kid got a can of spray paint and went at the car with that. WTF. That totally loses any bit of coolness the car/body kit had to begin with. I realize some of us can't afford paint jobs. HELL.. I just bought the Ixion kit and guess what. It'll be here in a month and I can't afford to get it painted. Well, here's a solution. I'M NOT GOING TO PUT IT ON UNTIL I CAN AFFORD TO GET IT PAINTED. It may be 6 months later, but whatever. At least I'm not looking like a big douche driving down the road with half of my car painted and the other half of it not painted. Plus what's stupid is this kid was driving around with his bass EXTREMELY loud like he was cool or something. I wouldn't be leaving the house if it were me. No self respect, totally stupid, makes you and your car look like crap, stop it or kill yourself. Rant completed.
Old 01-27-2005 | 05:20 PM

I think it does look pretty bad when a car has an unpainted body kit myself..I do understand that, for some reason or another, they have their reasons for doing so. At least I hope they have a good reason....smile.gif
Old 01-27-2005 | 05:56 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I agree, but I understand the reason.

Lots of folks like to do their own work. You can't just put a kit on (Specially if it's a copy) and take it to get it painted. You have to fit it, fit it, fit it, fit it, then after it's fitted, you mold it, mold it some more, mold it and mold it.

See where I'm going?

LOL

If you are doing it yourself, yeah, it looks like crap, but more power to you.

I'm planning on doing mine myself, maybe even the painting at the AF Base hobby shop. I'm not molding though, so I'm not that worried about it.
Old 01-27-2005 | 06:54 PM

guy at my school drives a red/primer/black/rusted 88 CRX with busted rims and his is eck, always wants to race people. he had the same annoying no paint on the car crap.
Old 01-27-2005 | 08:00 PM

It just bothers me. Call it a pride thing I guess... I just couldn't drive around like that.
Old 01-27-2005 | 08:53 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

True that Redz. However, most of the people, I would say 70% (100% where I live since I know them all... lol) of people with kits didn't realize painting/fitting would cost just as much as the kit itself. But for those 30%, I feel with them for trying to do it themselves and save them a few hundred bucks. But some people ride around like that for a year. smile.gif
Old 01-27-2005 | 08:55 PM

Personally, I'd find a second vehicle, rent a car, hitchhike, or walk to where I needed to go until it was done tongue.gif
Old 01-28-2005 | 08:48 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

I know exactly what you're saying. I hate people that drive around with their kits on, or half on, unpainted and looking like @$$.

Unfortunately this is me right now. Tempo just took a crap and it's back to the tibby. I sold my front bumper so all I have is the Zefiro one I bought. And the rear is such a PITA to put on or take off so I left the Zefiro rear on too.

I will be doing all the molding and shizz myself as I want to learn the skill, not cause I have no money. I just hate it when it sits like that for over a year. If it is a considerable amount of time that it sits like that then, yes, WTF but....... In my case, and I'm sure there are many others, I have no choice right now.
Old 01-28-2005 | 09:45 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN)</div><div class='quotemain'>I agree, but I understand the reason.

Lots of folks like to do their own work. You can't just put a kit on (Specially if it's a copy) and take it to get it painted. You have to fit it, fit it, fit it, fit it, then after it's fitted, you mold it, mold it some more, mold it and mold it.

If you are doing it yourself, yeah, it looks like crap, but more power to you.

I'm planning on doing mine myself, maybe even the painting at the AF Base hobby shop. I'm not molding though, so I'm not that worried about it.</div>
That's true... hamhead is also right, a lot of people don't realize that just buying a body kit is expensive, but not the most expensive part. It costs a lot of money and tons of time to get everything perfect.

I put my body kit on in one day (including removing the factory bumpers). The veilside kit fit perfectly and took almost no time at all. The next day I had the sideskirts fiberglassed to the car (not molded) and had it painted.

A year later, the car went under the knife, and I decided to do it right. It spent 2 months in my friends body shop. We molded the sideskirts and rear bumper, and made everything perfect and flawless. We both had full time jobs at the time, so we were working at nights in our spare time. It took a while, and most people don't have another vehicle to drive while doing something like this, so I can somewhat understand why people drive around with paintless body kits, but it does annoy the crap out of me, too. Especially when it's been almost a year (or longer in some cases) and it's still not painted, or any work has been done on it besides screwing it (or zip tying) it on.
Old 01-31-2005 | 04:52 PM

I drove around base with my body kit on in full after being fitted. Just did it to see how the bumps where and to remember which bumps not to hit any more and what not. Then I took the kit back off. I have had the kit for almost two years and its still sitting in the garage.
decap.gif