The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Beowulf, I'm callin ya out Biznitch! *Split*

Old 04-26-2004 | 10:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Simma down nah...

Come on guys, don't make me lock this.
Old 04-26-2004 | 10:52 PM

sorry, red, I got a lil excited - the guy won't talk to me on IM, and this is kinda like the only means of communication - I don't mean to hog up the forums but this is just an example of business gone awry.

once again, apologies.
Old 04-26-2004 | 10:53 PM

No no no, it's fine, talk all about it, but keep it civil.

This is RD, not HP.

LOL
Old 04-26-2004 | 10:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

attitude? where?

maybe on my post on your board cause you deleted the dude's post and it definately had XXX's over the important info. you tried to delete it before anyone saw it and then made it look like he posted something against the rules.

i dont knwo what the hell happened to you financially wise, but your definately coming across as a shady person. maybe you could have set up payment plans to spread the amount of money out over a longer period. from what i have read, and your little quick deleting of his post, it seems like you didnt make an effort to pay him.
Old 04-26-2004 | 11:15 PM

If this is the same Beowulf I dealt with before on HP.com, he came thru for me. I bought something from him while in Korea shipped to my parents house, and it was there in perfect shape.

Things happen, but I know that for sure. REDZ is neutral on this one till he hears more.
Old 04-26-2004 | 11:15 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I want to make sure this site is represented well.

We are "Fair and Balanced" and want both sides to present their side. If we take sides, it will be because we heard the facts and have adequate reason to take a side, or it may be because we just want to voice our opinion... Mods and Admins have the first amendment too! wink.gif

Now, Beowulf claims to have a copy of the check in his possession. Is there any way you can get it scanned and show proof that the check was cashed? Since it was a certified check, do you have a receipt of the check? You would have gotten a receipt if it was a Certified Check.

I don't see how a Certified Check could bounce. That doesn't seem logical. Whoever sent this anonymous e-mail from a freemail server... it doesn't seem like their facts really amount to much, so I wouldn't put much trust in them. I could take 3 minutes and have an e-mail sitting in your mailbox saying that the check was cashed. From what I understand, thsi person didn't reveal who they were, so I don't see what validity the e-mail holds.
Old 04-26-2004 | 11:30 PM

02.gif I dun have a scanner... I will see if my nephews handscanner is still alive... as for the freemailserver it was a hotmail address from no one I heard about and when I retried it I got a 550 error Mailbox not found....

redz yeah this is the same one from HP

I am not one to rip anyone off thats all I gotta say...
think of it this way Imagine anyone of you are in my place sends a payment Via certified check it is cashed then your told 8 days after that it hasn;t been received what would you have to say...
as for my bank I alrteady tried to get it back but ID was shown the teller accepted it so there isn;t anything I can do unless I file a police report Pay the bank to get the check back, call the bank that cashed it get a affidavid, either get a lawyer have to pay a few grand, knowing that the vid tape is most likely been either destoryed ort taped over so I can;pt get that all and all for me to go that route it would cost me in excess of $2500-$4000 which I don;t have for a $150 certified check
as it sits right now I have contacted Ryan I will pay for the partially built mainpage that was done and the page wasn;t operational except the html format ???
Old 04-26-2004 | 11:50 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BeoWulf)</div><div class='quotemain'>as it sits right now I have contacted Ryan I will pay for the partially built mainpage that was done and the page wasn;t operational except the html format ???</div>
so you're offering to send another check as partial payment for the page that is completed?
Old 04-27-2004 | 12:47 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (5ly2daboneZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Moral of the story?
Just don't buy stuff over the internet.
You want something, go to local performance shop, have them order what you need, if they charge a lil more, pay the diference, at least your garanteed not to get scammed and they will replace the product if defect within a few days, plus you will receive within a few days. If they don't got what you need, then **** it need something else... Im just sharing my experiences, i ordered thru internet and most times stuff were broke, scratched, late, plus i have to pay HUGE UPS fee...</div>

Yup[ I did and now there trying to blackmail $175 for a partially finished page
they also said they will resend me the single paig and ownership of the website... honestly I told them at the beginning I wouldn;t want it back I don;t want vastwares name on it.... even if they STILL gave me the partially finished page whow am I goning to finish it I am to ask around how much a partially finished page with the criteria being 1/4 done to the page and see what I find
Old 04-27-2004 | 01:21 PM

Let's keep the blackmail stuff on the DL till we have some facts.

As of right now, there are some missing pieces.