The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Attn: Hyundai Community, Help!

Old 01-07-2008 | 04:57 PM

Vehicle: uhm..... N/A

Three easy steps to mess with someone who is trying to hack your computer.

1. Download a linux live disk and if you have a static ip address disconnect and reconnect to change it and then have fun with him hacking it.

2. Get a decent router and set up the linux box to be completely unprotected and subject to all attacks. Name it something interesting like MY ONLY COMPUTER

3. Set linux up to log ips and attacks that have occured to the machine being that the person is obviously not too computer savy and is probably using windows to try and hack.

After you get the logs and such for attacks, get ahold of the police or governments cyber crimes department with the list of ips that have attacked the unit trying to brute force their way into the computer. IP and MAC addresses are a computers fingerprint. Unless the guy was intelligent to have a stack of disposible network cards by his computer (which is probably not the case) he is using an onboard network card. Which means he would then have to swap out the motherboard from the computer. Thats way too much work for the average person to think up and try to do.

Cyber crimes will arrest him and ban him from use of a computer and thats when you get intouch with an attourney and inform him on your situation as long as you have a paypal log of the transaction and he has no way to prove that he has ever sent you or you had received the item from him, he will also be brought up on charges of pety theft and fraudlent activities.

Moral of the story, you need a router that you can hide your regular computer behind. If they can force their way though your router. With all the ports blocked goign to your computer you are screwed. Anyways good luck and I hope you get what you want and the guy gets what he deserves.
Old 01-07-2008 | 05:41 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

^^ Seems like the wannabe hackers easy guide to hacking. There are more steps than that to setup a honeypot.

Anyways, this has been resolved so he doesn't need to resort to a life of crime. drillsergeant.gif
Old 01-07-2008 | 06:33 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ugh, thought this was over, let me know if its something to do with payment and I'll call them to resubmit it.

Otherwise, its probably just them being idiots...
Old 01-07-2008 | 07:45 PM

Vehicle: Elantra XD GT

I don't think it has to do with payment homie, just them being very wierd, lol, check it out for yourself, there was like 3 different departure scans in the past two days.

Anyways it looks like it's in canada now! woot!
Old 01-07-2008 | 09:52 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

oh, that might have just been them running it through customs.

Let me know when you get it.

oh, that might have just been them running it through customs.

Let me know when you get it.
Old 01-08-2008 | 06:34 AM

Vehicle: uhm..... N/A

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (javageek @ Jan 7 2008, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^^ Seems like the wannabe hackers easy guide to hacking. There are more steps than that to setup a honeypot.

Anyways, this has been resolved so he doesn't need to resort to a life of crime. drillsergeant.gif</div>

I wasnt telling him how to setup a honeypot I was telling him how to set the guy up trying to hack his computer. There is no criminal activity involved in that. Its just good clean keep your computer in good running condition cause people who wanted to hack your computer would find themselfs trying to deltree c:/ something that would respond BASH command not found! tongue.gif
Old 01-09-2008 | 07:15 PM

Vehicle: Elantra XD GT

Woot! It came in!

Surprise surprise FedEx delivered at my door and I didn't pick it up at the border... Labmixz is such a damn liar.

Andyways, THANK YOU ALEX I really owe you one man. When's your birthday? I'll send you a gift! lol