The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Appartment Building Parking

Old 07-08-2008 | 04:43 PM

That's awesome that you got pictures. That should strengthen your case greatly. Also, have you tried talking to the offender at all? Left him a note?
Old 07-08-2008 | 04:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Left a note on the windshield in may of last year. Still had problems, sent the letter to the agency in October and it got somewhat better and now this.

I wanted to get a secuity camera setup but i never got around to it. got the camera but never finished.
Old 07-08-2008 | 05:57 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

if the magistrate gets you nowhere, give them DAS BOOT and immobilize their shit..
Old 07-08-2008 | 05:59 PM

ya looked into the price of one of them..550 bucks!
Old 07-08-2008 | 06:05 PM

Well so far it looks like you've done the right thing in writing letter to the office and left a note with the people doing it.
I don't think the police can really do anything though. Around here with harassment and stuff, phone pranking and that stuff the police do at the very least warn the people doing it, but if it's someone older than 13 I don't think they will take a police warning all that seriously.

I thought the letter you wrote was a great starting point though, polite - courteous and you got the point across that you are not blaming the office themselves, so that's good. I'm sure they'll be helpful, I mean if your experience living on their complex isn't good, they know it'll reflect poorly on them in one way or another.

Old 07-08-2008 | 06:49 PM

Well the lease is written so that the parking is more a less just there. they garentee the building. I though that they could say something and they would straighten out. I really dont want to go to the magistrate (small claims court) I guess you could say im going to sue them. Pictures are worth 1000 words i think. I dont know the track record of the judge very well and i dont want race to play a part. Ill keep it posted. If anyone has anymore ideas please let me know.
Old 07-09-2008 | 05:35 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

one other pic you need to take.

if this is the car that did the dent damage measure from the ground up on your car and see if there is silver paint on his car around the same general heigth. that will prove it even more.
Old 07-09-2008 | 05:45 AM

NICE!!!! didnt think of that angle...
Old 07-09-2008 | 07:11 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

You should still go to small claims court. At least get the damage fixed. Just because someone doesn't have respect for something you take pride in, doesn't mean that you should let it continue. Get an estimate from a local shop, and tell the owner of the vehicle. Tell them you don't want this to escalate, you just want the damage to stop. If they blow you off, or continue to do so, then take them to court. You have more than enough proof with the way the car is parked over the line, and the douchebag sitting in the passenger seat with the door wide open....almost enough to hit your car.

OR a sparkplug on a fishing line may solve the problem. Enough broken windows may result in them parking somewhere else.

Just toss the plug at the window, then pull it back with the fishing line.

Old 07-09-2008 | 07:18 AM

After talking to some people im just going to gather evidence and right before i move out. I think im going to get a free consultation to see if i can wait that long to not make an uncomfortable living arrangement. I need to get a quote from a shop still on the damage. Anyone got any ideas? im thinking labor and paint matching is going to be a pain.