The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Appartment Building Parking

Old 07-08-2008 | 06:04 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Hey All, I need advice on my parking situation at my apartment. I came out today to another nickle to quarter sized door rash from this POS car that lives on the 3rd floor. I have already taken pictures and reported it to the rental agency back in October. Since then my drivers side rear wheel well was struck (hit and run on a parked car over Christmas (No witnesses but it wasnt white paint so not the 3rd floor person but probably guests of theirs) and now today. Im tired of having shit done to my car.

Does anyone know if the cops can do anything? Im getting sick of this shit. I park right on the line to the walkway giving the spot next to me MORE then enough room. The spots are kinda small but tib doors need to open pretty wide and i have no problem getting in and out.

IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO?!?!? mad.gif
Old 07-08-2008 | 06:47 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Tiburon/RD1

I don't think there is anything you can do 02.gif
The only way is to be their when it happens and confront them, but it's impossible to do.

Goodluck man
Old 07-08-2008 | 08:08 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I'd talk with the office at the apartments. Chances are your not the only one annoyed.

I'm confused though. Is this a rental or the tib? Or by rental did you mean the apartment office?

Anyways you could always take photo's and report them to your insurance and let them file with your neighbors insurance. (just get their license plate)
Old 07-08-2008 | 08:32 AM

Move parking spaces to the furthest one that you can get.
Old 07-08-2008 | 08:46 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Supercow @ Jul 8 2008, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'd talk with the office at the apartments. Chances are your not the only one annoyed.

I'm confused though. Is this a rental or the tib? Or by rental did you mean the apartment office?</div>
I meant apartment office.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Supercow @ Jul 8 2008, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Anyways you could always take photo's and report them to your insurance and let them file with your neighbors insurance. (just get their license plate)</div>

If i remembered to change my address from my mothers...never got around to that... owned.gif

Ill post the letter i sent the agency back in October on this with pics along with how parking lot is laid out.

TC- Its a crapshoot and a shell game, i want to see my car from my window but its random wherever people park.
Old 07-08-2008 | 08:57 AM

Oh, I see. I assumed you had assigned spots.
Old 07-08-2008 | 09:10 AM

That would be so nice. that way if something did happen i could def be sure... *sigh*

and on that note happy 800th post.
Old 07-08-2008 | 09:28 AM

Yeah. In the building that we're moving from, we have assigned parking, and I made sure that I got a spot on the egde so at least one side of my car is ok. Then the other side I had a mini van that sat literally for at least 1 year without being moved. If I could though, I would have parked it underground. The ramp was just too steep though.

Do you pay for parking? And do you have the option of parking underground?

You could always put a perimeter of cones around your car...lol
Old 07-08-2008 | 09:35 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

i know the way i park regardless of assign parking is close to my wifes car...my driver side to her passenger side...but i have been lucky lately about parking...now i have no one on one side of me (loading spot) and some time next year will be moving to a two car garage house on base
Old 07-08-2008 | 04:24 PM

We tried the whole guard the car parking as well and it just happens to my gf's car then.

TC- Loved the underground garage i had when i lived in the city. here is the current view of my parking lot.

The space my car is in is 7 1/2 feet wide and as you can see i park close to the side.

This is how i park my car normaly when im on the walkway:

here is the latest damage:

The dickwads that are doing it:

Here is the letter i sent to the rental agency last october,

I am writing this as a supplement to a signed letter that is being mailed to you regarding other residents denting cars. I would like to file a complaint about the car owner of residence XXX ROADWAY. In the attached pictures, all due diligence had been taken to leave as much room as possible for other cars around mine (the silver 2001 Hyundai
Tiburon) to ensure that my car door would not be subject to more scratching and denting. A note was left politely asking for more care when i first observed white dents in my door panel around may. This had no effect as noted in the picture of my door with a white scrape from a door.

It is my hope that some type of resolution can come of this. I fear that any further attempts by myself to ask kindly will be ignored or worse taken action against. I can be reached on my cell phone at (not pubishing that). A formal signed letter will also be sent in with rent.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

(pictures were attached)

So im going to go to the magistrate since the agency isn't responsible for this and im tired of having my property damaged.

Anyone have any other advice. I think with these pictures i have a good case.