The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Almost Got Into An Accident Yesterday

Old 10-31-2006 | 05:51 AM

We all know about the hemi and it's huge amount of power that it makes. We also know how intoxicating it can be to use it. I was following a pickup yesterday down Tilton road here in South Jersey. For those that do not know (all of you) it is a very long and straight road.. most of one lane in either direction. It is also very heavily traveled.

The section I was on runs along one side of the Atlantic City International Airport which also is home to NAFEC and the 177th fighter wing... big arse airbase. The speed limit is 50 and the pickup and I are crusiing along at 60mph... when the idiot in the black charger behind me decides that is too slow and pulls out to pass us. The car sounded worked as it pulled by.. until the idiot forgot about the ONLY side street on this entire five mile stretch of road.

I can see it, I do not know if the guy in the pickup noticed, but there was an SUV waiting to pull out into traffic going the opposite way we are all going. I got on the brakes hard as the Charger almost went headon into the SUV as it pulled out. I thought the guy in the pickup in front of me was going to have a heart attack as the Charger quickly ducked in front of him to avoid the SUV.. he locked them up good and almost lost control.. I would have run right into the back of him,... or worse of the charger had hit the SUV headon, if I had not seen it all coming and gotten on the binders when I did.

I caught up to the charger at the next light, stuck in traffic.. idiot
Old 10-31-2006 | 09:06 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

asshole, sounds like korea

but here they think they do nothing wrong when you look at them. the cops are just for show and tell.
Old 10-31-2006 | 10:55 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon SE

fricken chargers.
They think they suddenly are the coolest thing on the road 'cause they convinced the bank to loan them $30,000.