The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

An Almost Break-in...

Old 12-07-2006 | 09:44 PM

Ok, so last night I drove the Tib to a friends house to pick him up on the way to the local "Car Meet". I knew he lived in a "not so nice" neighborhood so I told him Id just wait for him in the car. I get there and he just HAD to show me his brand new POS3 that he just waisted his money on.... I see the damn Playstation and the whole time I'm nervous about leaving the Tib outside so I rush him to get off and we head outside....

As we come out the door I see REMOVED and they were F***ing with my hatch. I yelled a few obscenities and they bolted down the street and into an ally.... We ran over to the Tib and I looked at the hatch. It looked like the f***ers had jammed a flat-head into the lock and were in the process of twisting the sh*t out of it when we came out....

This f-in blows... I hate these damn people...

So, whats a decent price for a local shop to charge to get a new lock installed in the hatch? I just need a round-about price. mad.gif Like I didn't have enough crap to deal with already....

Edited your accident of free floating words smile.gif
Thanks
-tanc
Old 12-07-2006 | 09:56 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

ah dude that sucks ass!!! it's like that over here too. luckily in my neighborhood we have a watch, but they pull stunts like this in the wee morning hours. we have a floodlight and my friends live next door and they come out at night in whacko hours just like i do. my window is right next to my car.

that pisses me off so bad. in DC it's their means of survival. they don't want to get jobs, instead make bank off of stealing computers and stereo systems. it's even worse in Miami Beach which satisfies my dissolution to miss living there.
Old 12-07-2006 | 10:06 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Chalk up another reason to hate the PS3.

I'm sure Redz will add it to his list. lmao.gif
Old 12-07-2006 | 10:09 PM

next time u go out take a shotgun or something..so if u see someone next to ur car just shoot them in the head lmao.gif drillsergeant.gif its bs though...sorry to hear man, have you got a good alarm system?
Old 12-07-2006 | 10:16 PM

^^^No, unfortunately I don't. And the ironic thing is that I was just looking at them at the local shop last week, lol
Old 12-07-2006 | 10:28 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Shave the key hole off...I did fing02.gif
Old 12-07-2006 | 10:41 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Get a decent alarm/immobilser system mate. I just got one fitted for just shy of $400 & it's the best "mod" I've ever done, as far as peace of mind goes.

The guy even fixed my central locking at the same time too fing02.gif
Old 12-07-2006 | 10:46 PM

Yeah after last night I'll be on the lookout for a good alarm. If anyone knows of a good one online, links would be appreciated. Also any round-abouts on that lock fix? Otherwise Ill just call around tomorrow... I think there is a locksmith here in town who Ive heard does good work...
Old 12-07-2006 | 11:11 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

I understand your upset, but please try to refrain from using racial statements. I understand it might of been an accident also. This is just a FYI for next time wink1.gif
Thank you

This is a written warning, next will be a formal warning. fing02.gif
Old 12-07-2006 | 11:15 PM

^^^Sorry. Will do, just kinda re-living it as I was typing and explaining what I saw (aka accident) lol....