Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

your opinion on wheel spacers

Old 02-05-2011, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 hyundai tiburon turbo/ 2001 Tiburon(sold)
Default your opinion on wheel spacers

Hey guys,

i recently purchased 4 wheel spacers for my car. (15mm for the front, 20mm for the back)

I was just wondering what your opinions were upon them?

i mean ive heard some good things about them and ive also heard some bad.

just post on here and let me know.

thanks
Old 02-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

I had 5mm on mine and removed them because I didn't like the thought of a tire flying off... lol
Old 02-06-2011, 02:34 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Wheels Spacers are DOPE, You should get some that are like 5" all the way around and get some 9" Chrome spoked wheels and of course they have to be Chrome... Then you can get some skinny tires with white walls, then you can get a nice decal like this and put it in your back window....
Old 02-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Spacers are fine. Make sure your wheel studs are long enough. If over about 10mm, get new longer studs. Properly torque everything down and you'll be fine.

If running a 30mm spacer or less means the difference between running a $550 set of wheels I like at the right offset vs. paying a few grand for custom wheels that I don't like any more that come with the right offset I'll go with spacers any time. I've had 10mm wheel spacers on the back of the Tib for a couple years now with absolutely no problems. Once bolted on properly stresses, etc. are no different than running the same offset on a wheel made with that offset.