Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Whiteline/Selby Sway bars

Old 01-02-2002 | 08:55 PM

Vehicle: Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart GSR
Default Whiteline/Selby Sway bars

I know a few of you have the sway bars for the Tiburon - but do they make that much difference?

They look to be a similar shape to the stock ones

Anyway, I already have front and rear strut bars, but the front strut doesn't fit so well after having the s/c installed and I feel that the car doesn't handle as well as it used to - would the anti-sway bars stiffen things up?

Also, has anyone experienced any problems after installing them, like with loosing the back end on fast cornering?

Plus, which bars would I need? There seems to be different thicknesses and adjustable/non adjustable.

Thanks

[ January 03, 2002: Message edited by: Zorro ]
Old 01-03-2002 | 03:51 AM

Well, I have the adjustable rear swaybar, and it will make the back end looser, especially on wet or slick surfaces because it removes a lot of the body sway, which in turns moves that force to the tires.

I honestly couldn't tell you about the front anti-sway bar though...haven't bought it yet.

They will look a lot like the stock bars, because that is about the only shape that will fit, and sometimes the diameter can't be increased depending on the application, but the bar can be made so that it is stiffer, so it does help.

When did you supercharge your car?!
Old 01-03-2002 | 04:33 AM

Vehicle: Custom Wagon

I have both front and rear swaybars and I love them. The front one is 24mm thick compared to the stock 18mm one. Also the shelby one is solid instead of being hollow like the stock one.

The rear one is only 1mm thicker then the stock one but it does make a difference the only problem I ran into with the back one was the link that goes from the swaybar to the car was blocked by the hanger that holds the muffler in place. Which kept it from moving correctly so at the muffler shop when I was doing my catback system the guy noticed the problem and trimmed down the muffler hanger to allow the swaybar to move correctly.

Other then that I've had no problems with mine and would recommend them to anyone who was looking for better handling out of there tibby.
Old 01-04-2002 | 12:13 AM

Vehicle: Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart GSR

Reid! You obviously have not been paying attention! wink.gif

I got the supercharger a couple of months ago, you can search the forums to see what it all entailed smile.gif
Old 01-04-2002 | 12:29 AM

Well I'll be darned...I've actually been on and off the forums sporadically the last 6, so I haven't been keeping up on all the latest news! tongue.gif

Congrats!!