Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Wheels/Tires Revisited

Old 12-27-2001 | 05:33 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Accent
Default Wheels/Tires Revisited

I've decided on the 17" Konig Flatlines and the Kumho Ecsta's.

Is there anything I need to know besides what I want, can I just take them to the dealership and say "put these on" or do I need them to do anything special?

And here's a really stupid question, how do I take my calipers off? is that on HMA? and does it have the torque for the bolts to take off?
Old 12-27-2001 | 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

I would not take the tires to the dealer. If anything take them to your local tire shop. They will charge less for the install than your dealer will.

HMAservice has the reccomened torque for wheel studs, but aftermarket wheel lugs (the locking kind) come with their own reccomendations. Check both sources and go with the LOWER figure. You can end up getting a locking lug on so tight you can't get it off.
Old 12-27-2001 | 11:43 PM

My brother let our local performace shop like place put on rim on his girl friends car and they striped on of the lugs. When my brother took it back to show them they said there is nothing they could do and they didnt do it. So me and my dad had to sit there and drill them off. It was a pita. So if i were u just do it ur self.