Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

wheels alignment?

Old 07-27-2004 | 03:55 PM

Default Re: tibby engine swap question

You should align your car ever 6 months just to be safe,or 3 times a year thats how much i do it ,also if you feel any pull plz check the air in your tires, depending on what kinda ride you want i say keep 32psi in all 4 or 35 psi in all 4 hope that helps
Old 07-27-2004 | 06:06 PM

Default Re: RotorPros Group Buy - Accepting Payment!

heh... I have NEVER gotten my car realighned.. and up until this spring, the car did not need one. After I had a front bearing taken care of at the dealer, I got the car back with the steering wheel noticibly crooked.. and within a month my front tyres took a beating.. For the life of me, I do not know what they did at the dealership. Couple of years ago when I had a bearing replaced, the car cam back as good as new.. this time, they mess my alighnment up.

what can I say.. the first time was Savage Hyundai in Sinking Spring, Pa.. the second time was Sport Hyundai Dodge in Pleasantville, NJ.. where I originally bought the car.. those guys have NEVER been able to repair my car without some issue cropping up afterwards
Old 07-28-2004 | 10:22 AM

Default Re: Making my Tib go

Sorry you've had probs Mad-M, if the dealer screws up, you need to let them know AND not in a nice way either if they're dragging their butts. Remember, they make a living off your bussiness and if you're not happy then it becomes a problem for them as well. Don't be afraid to yell at them if it comes down to it. I've done it a couple of times with postive results. You just gotta know how and when to raise your voice, I'm not saying to totaly loose your cool. Comprende?
Old 07-28-2004 | 07:23 PM

Default Re: Blacktibs in a nutshell

nah... they will never listen. Friend of my mom's bought his dodge there back in 95.. two years ago it failed inspection and they just could never get it to pass... this is an older retired gentleman who does not abuse his cars, takes VERY good care of them, and does just enough driving to keep them working like new... The car he had before it was 1980 rabbit diesel with 250,000 miles on it (there abouts) that he traded on the dodge... that dealership that has screwed me multiple times got him several as well.. oh well, least he has a VERY nice white accent now.

Lets see.. what they have done to my car..

When I bought it new, it came with 1500 miles (off of the truck) and a cig burn on the driver's seat.. (I think the car was some sort of production mule cleaned up.. too many weird options and problems) they did not replace the seat.. they simply sewed it up and buffed it out so it looked like shit.. but still better than before.

Took them two times to replace my drivers side door panel.. my car has the rare bronze coloured dash.. they took the door all apart as I waited before opening the package from korea.. THEN they discovered that they sent a black panal instead..

charged me to reset my airbag light.. blaming it on my non-stock sony headunit.. (only in the car three years before the light went off)

When I got the car back.. the dash lights didn't work.. charged me again to diagnose why and replace the reostat... again blaming my radio.. they also burned out my power antenna that I installed with the radio..

And now the bearing... no, I am done there.. I will drive Several hours before I set foot in their doors again.