Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Strut Bars

Old 08-07-2001 | 11:13 AM

Default Strut Bars

I kinda know what Strut bars do for a car, but I would like to know more, what exactly does it do for performance? Also, I am starting to look for some inexpensive ways to mod my car's performance, and I know that a CAI and Exhaust are two things, but what else will help?
Old 08-08-2001 | 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Strut tower braces stop the "flexing" of the front and rear chassis.

When you go over bumps, or corner hard, the chassis of the car "flexes" with the cornering load. By "bracing" the two strut tower bars together, you prevent some movement, but not all movement. Both towers can still do / / with the strut tower brace on.

An "ideal" Strut Tower brace would also tie the Two strut towers into the firewall, to prevent them from leaning together (// or ). However, I have not seen this design available for the tiburon yet. That design is not available for most cars, but it is available for some.

A CAI is the best place to start. Then there is the Bored Throttle Body and Bored Intake manifold. Headers and full exhaust. Nitrous...Supercharger..turbo charger...performance cams...