Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

stocker tirer

Old 08-06-2004, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *New Product Alert!* Sun Auto Hot Inzama Systems

Well I just got new tires on my stock rims about 2 months ago. I was going to go for the Pirelli Pnero M+S however they dont make them in our wonderful 195/55/15. So I went out and got some BFGoodRich Traction T/A all season Ultra-High Performance. For 4 tires from Sears including mounting, balencing, and the warenty came to like $470. The tires are great now that they have worn in about 2k miles. The first thousand miles was a little rough until they broke them selves in but they are great. Much harder tire and they are not made the same way the Michilins are. The Michilins are very round and when you turn hard the tire rolls. The BFGoodRich ones are more sqaure and have a very large sidewall. When you turn the tread stays on the road and the side wall bends to take the roll of the car. Overall they are nice but if I had it to do over again I just would have splurged and bought the 16" rims I wanted and then get the Pirelli PNero M+S.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Varad's new Suspension Lighting Kit

Well what kinda Michilins did u have the Harmony's, MXV4 plus's ,XW4 most of those brands are made to be a softer tire its so u dont have a bumpy ride. Giving the Traction's are a very good tire they are a very hard tire plus they easy chop up so be sure to have a R&B done every 4-6000 miles or just when you go get your oil changed tongue.gif
Old 08-06-2004, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Varad's new Suspension Lighting Kit

I had the mxv4's. Yeah they do get choped pretty fast. After about 1500 miles they started to feather due to the alignment being off.
Old 08-14-2004, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Low Idle

sorry bout the late reply mates... but i wasnt in the mood many times to research your selections... thanks for the help!

one thing i forgot to ask... how long do the tires last? and if the toe/cam/ect is set extremely wrong.. for street (take out the account for track settings...) how sensitive are the tires to that? (i dont want a tire thats chewed up too fast by bad settings...)

i still have the XGT V4's...