Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Springs

Old 10-17-2002 | 03:00 PM

Default Springs

Can someone tell me what eibach springs are offered for my 2002 accent...I need to know as much info as you can tell me...ie part number, other cars it fits, etc...this is because I can get cheap coil overs! so I need to know what the real ones are first...thanks!!!!
Old 10-18-2002 | 12:49 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

You can purchase Eibach's through SR and through Tire Rack. They only drop the car about 1.5" (after settling). Now, coil overs will never compete with Eibach's in handling and ride quality, unless the coil overs that you speak of are TRUE coil overs and not sleeve style. The only thing that a sleeve style coil over has on Eibach's springs is the ability to raise and lower (up to 4") your ride height. Also, you'll see people who install coil overs will hear a clanging noise in the suspension every once in a while due to the spring hitting the top of the coil over unit.

You said you can get cheap coil overs. If they're cheap, then you're going to be sacraficing either ride quality or ride handling. Not worth it to me, but if you're main goal is to find something cheap and you're able to lower your car real low, then go for it. Good luck.... wink