Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Signs Of A New Master Cylinder

Old 09-10-2006 | 09:16 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

did you read the email i sent you? one of the symptoms was increased pedal travel, and it could be caused by a flexing MC. so, get that fixed.
Old 09-10-2006 | 01:48 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: Two 97 RD Tibs and 2010 Genesis Coupe

Thanks for the help guys......
My next step was actually gonna get a strut bar made in 2 weeks with a bracket which will support the MC....
The guy thats gonna make my strt bar thinks bracing the MC will not rectify the brake pedal which is sinking and spongy BUT defently increase the braking sensitivity by about 10-20% which i NEED ANYWAY smile.gif
LIke i said my machnic thinks that a larger 1 inch bore MC will rectify this problem and WIllwood says NO..
I might just purcahse a larger one anyway....

BTW you think the way my car is its actually dangerous to drive the car where the brakes can fail?..
When i drive the car and put on the brakes it does a great job BUT just at idle the pedal hits the ground and its spongy and slowly sinks when you apply your foot on the brake pedal
Thans guys

BTW Tibby never got the email 02.gif
Old 09-10-2006 | 05:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

did you check your sympatico account?

if its only at idle, thats making me think its brake booster related. the difference between at idle and not affects nothing in the brake system but the brake booster.
Old 09-10-2006 | 05:40 PM

I checked my sympatico account and noithing bro
Also how can you test for the booster problem.I dont think it would be because this happened when i swaped over to bigger brakes......
While driviing and you slam on the brakes the pedal does go to the ground but wouldnt this be normal when slamming hard on them?
Old 09-10-2006 | 07:41 PM

no, not at all. Even slammed with all your might, the pedal should only go so far before stopping. Simply put, hydraulic fluid is non-compressable, it can only push the brake pads so far into the rotors before they cannot go any further, so the pedal should stop at that point.

If your pedal normally goes to the floor, and you do not have any brake fluid dripping anywhere, you have an internal leak. If the brake booster were to fail, you would be left with a rock hard pedal as it would not be helping you at all when the brakes are used.
Old 09-10-2006 | 09:04 PM

Mad MAchine
So from what i have described does it sound like the MC should be upgarded to a 1inch from 7/8 bore size stock?

While i drive or at idle my brake pedal is not hard so i guess the booster is fine...
Old 09-11-2006 | 03:52 AM

I know they say you shouldn't have to, but it certainly sounds like the stock Hyundai MC cannot handle the pressure and fluid displacement that your BBK requires.

you are the first one they have made for the Tiburon?