Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Rough Ride When Braking

Old 09-02-2004 | 05:17 PM

Default Re: Amplifier recomendation

Thanks Majik, I am probably going to get them looked at this upcoming week when I have some free time. If they are warped, it will give me a good reason to upgrade another performance part on my car. I wasn't planning on spending any more money on upgrades but if I am going to replace them, my as well upgrade to better ones. Also Redz mentioned that there are several brands on ebay for a reasonable price. Are the ones on ebay a good deal and do you know of anyone who has purchased them before?
Old 09-02-2004 | 07:09 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Help with my tranny grinding into 5th...

those ones on ebay are brembo blanks that are drilled and/or slotted.
Old 09-02-2004 | 07:32 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Re: Amplifier recomendation

the way it's been explained to me is that the ones on EBay are "economy" type rotors. They really have no better quality than the stock rotors.

The rotors through RotorPros are through a well known company and very good quality. They're a little more expensive, and for a good reason. I've asked if we could get the prices down towards the EBay prices and he said he wasn't able to get them anywhere near that cheap, and he doesn't see how anybody could make any sort of profit, or even break even, with prices so low. I wouldn't trust my life with "cheap" economy type rotors.

I've also just posted a new group buy. You can also choose to get Stainless Steel Brake Lines and PBR Brake Pads in addition to just rotors. Pretty good prices in my opinion, especially if you get the package with everything.

http://rdtiburon.com/index.php?name=Forums...viewtopic&t=844
Old 09-17-2004 | 12:52 AM

Default Re: Sputtering @ Low RPMs

Hey Everyone

I got my brakes checked out today and everything seems fine. My rotors aren't warped but they are glazed. The repair shop said that my rotors got glazed from the brake pads and the best way to fix that is to machine them and put on new pads. My pads are at 50% so I have some time before I replace them. There is no point in replacing perfectly good pads. So I am going to look for something at kragen that I could maybe spray on the rotors to make them less glazed. He said that was the reason they were squeaking so much.

Thanks for all your help Guys