Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Rough Ride When Braking

Old 08-25-2004, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Type R Wing Group Buy *1 Spot Available*

Hey Everyone

I brought up this topic in the old forum but I wanted to add some more information to it. I am having the problem where my car is rough at times when I am driving and I am still unsure if it's needs a tire rotation, air, or just an alignment. When I brake coming to a quick stop, the steering wheel shakes a whole bunch. Also when I brake like this, the car wants to move to one side of the road. It doesn't come down to a soft stop. This really upsets me considering I have a 2001 Tib which should be in very good working order. Also with my brakes when I first start the car up they sqeak really loud but once the car has warmed up and is moving for like 5 min they don't squeak anymore. Why is this and how can I make them not squeak at all. This little things about my car are really starting to get to me and I am trying to figure out what the problem is and how I can solve it.

Thanks in Advance
Old 08-25-2004, 07:15 PM

Vehicle: FX Coupe
Default Re: GB: Speed-Factor Basic Turbo Kit (Closed)

sounds like a warped rotor.
have you checked your brake pads?
take your front wheels off, check for any signs of uneven wear/flat spots
Old 08-25-2004, 08:18 PM

Default Re: car audio CRAP!!!!

If they are squeking before they are warm, the calipers might not be releasing till the fluid warms up.. Have you flushed your brake fluid ever? Id suggest that or just a brake pad replacement, sometimes pads wear wrong and cause that (happened on my elky)
Old 08-25-2004, 08:24 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: Speaker Brands

I'd say it sounds like a possible warped rotor. Give them a look at. Check for signs like grooves or wavyness on the surface.

Do you also feel it in your brake pedal?
Old 08-25-2004, 11:25 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: Empty tank of gas vs. full

I'd agree. Our OEM rotors warp VERY easily. I think mine are starting to.

You also should try bleeding your brake lines and or changing out your fluid. Brake fluid has a tendancy to absorb water and get nastay.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:13 PM

Default Stainless Steel Brake Lines GB #3 *PAY UP!!!*

Thanks Guys

So which item should I try first. You all have given me a ton of ideas to try and I just need to know which is the best order to tackle this problem at.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:20 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: Official Bush vs. Kerry Thread

You should get your rotors looked at first. Should be a free brake inspection somewhere nearby.

Then get some drilled/slotted rotors on Ebay.com

And some brake lines from the GB>
Old 08-31-2004, 08:54 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: GT Tech Front Lip...coming...

i would also suggest when messing with the brakes to make sure the caliper slider bolts are lubed up properly. you can pick it up at advance auto parts, next to the brake fluid.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:52 PM

Default Re: *Warning* - Window Switches + White board marker = BAD

How much of a difference do drilled/slotted rotors make on the car? Does anyone have them and can tell how much of a difference it is? I have considered getting them but really never knew what kind of effect it has.

Thanks Guys
Old 09-02-2004, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Re: DIY - Resonator Removal

http://rdtiburon.com/index.php?name=Forums...=viewtopic&t=22

Squeaking can also be caused from excessive brake dust. I would suggest getting some EBC Green Stuff pads. I wouldn't get new pads until you've had your rotors looked at. If your rotors are warped (mine were a few months ago) and you replace the pads, it will just mess up the new pads (and as expensive as they are, you don't want to mess 'em up - ~$65). Get your rotors checked out (find a free brake inspection place) and see what they say. Then come back to me and I'll hook you up on some rotors. It wouldn't be very much more than buying regular rotors from Auto Zone.

Getting slotted rotors really does help the stopping, but if you're going to upgrade your rotors, I highly suggest upgrading your brake pads as well. Don't go all out on one end, and cheap on the other. Slotted rotors are more for performance, where I see drilled/dimpled helping the cooling of the rotors more so than stopping power, but drilled(or dimpled) just looks so dang nice wink.gif I'm sure if you contact some of the people in the group buy in this link, they'll tell you how they liked their rotors. Read the feedback on the pages, people love them.
http://rdtiburon.com/index.php?name=Forums...=viewtopic&t=22
The group buy is over with, but if you would like, I can still get prices for you, just not AS cheap (fairly close though). 8)