Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Review: Elantra Touring Sway bar on a Sedan

Old 05-07-2011 | 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0
Default Review: Elantra Touring Sway bar on a Sedan

Cheap mod that works and is easy as hell to install!@!@!@!!@@!!!!!!

I drove it around before starting to get some reference. It is not the OMG YOU MUST BUY THIS BECAUSE IT MAKES IT A TOTALLY DIFFERENT CAR, like it did when I swapped the XD sway for the tib. If you own an XD and have not done this mod slap yourself. (If you like to turn and not feel like you are at the helm of a sail boat anyway)

ill give you a second to recover..

Ok moving on. Under normal turning not much of a difference is felt. However, I threw it into a underpass turn around and wow it made a big difference. It still leaned a little, but I am rocking stock springs for now. I think once I have real springs under me it will be totally flat, not the keeling over that it was doing before at the limit. Does it still understeer, yes. But it doesn't feel like I am running on the side of a single tire because it is doing all the work. It also seemed to track a little better on the highway under and somewhat quick lane change maneuver.

Worth it: Yes

Can you do the install: Yes (if you can't figure this out go buy a mustang and leave it stock because you should not be using a wrench on anything. Link to DIY below)

Just to show the change

This part number is for 2007-2010 Elantras ONLY.. XDs find a tiburon owner who is upgrading.

What you need!!!

1-555102L100 (65ish)

2-555132L100 (6 each)

Total price shipped to me: just a little under 90 dollars.

www.hyundaipartsonline.com

For help, just so you have an idea of what you need.

https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/f...alreplacement/

The only things that are different installing on the HD is the fact a spring is in the way and I didn't need anything other than a 12mm socket (mine is new so I had no issues with gunk build up) and a little grease for the bushings. I didn't need to use anything to stop the endlink from spinning around. Also I only had to lift the car on one side to get the new bar in. I took it out with it on the ground, but the new bar needed more clearance to get in place.

Pro Tip: Do not tighten anything down (at all, im not talking about setting torque) until all bolts are started.