Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Reducing Body Roll

Old 06-01-2006, 07:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get some Intrax wink1.gif

They aren't as low as everyone suggests, only problem is those damned mud guards (which I'm taking off soon) and going over speed bumps too fast, which you shouldn't do anyway.

You do have to adjust your driving habits slightly; you will have to go down SOME slopes/driveways sideways and slowly, but in the half a year or so I've had Intrax, I have scraped maybe ten times at the most, and it was mainly when I first got them
Old 06-01-2006, 06:09 PM

now, that said about cages.. a roll bar that runs from the front of the back seat on one side to the same place on the other and maybe bolts into the strut housings is not too bad. Just make sure it is padded properly.

I can also see where the Yaya bushings would reduce roll and the tyres touching the car. The stock rubber bushings are VERY soft, even with new and allow the suspension to move around a bit on it's pivots.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:10 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (Dmitry @ May 29 2006, 12:20 PM)
get eibach pro kit - springs with sway bars, also wider tire with smaller sidewall will help, but don't overinflate them too much (probably not more than 36 psi)

I use more than 36 psi. I use more like low 40s (42 front and 45 rear I believe, depending how good the tire is front compared to back). I use more in the rear because that way a slight trail brake can rotate the rear around nicely. Less than that the tires roll under when you turn.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:26 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

QUOTE (raaqi @ Jun 1 2006, 10:55 PM)
hey OzFxCoupe:
1. What kind of shocks should i get?
2. Also, know who I can see in Brissy for whiteline products? can you give me the part number you got for yours?
3. How much modification is required to install it? what else do i need to know about this whiteline sway bar?

1. I have Kayaba (KYB) "Excel-G" shocks & struts... our version of the US KYB GR2. They are alright, I guess. Some KYB AGX struts/shocks would be nice if you want to have the ability to adjust damper settings. Also consider the KONI inserts if your struts are in good enough condition to be re-used. Pedders are also meant to be pretty good & of course you should look at Whiteline shocks if the price is right.

2. Whiteline Website. "QLD: Autobarn, Burson Auto Parts, Fulcrums Suspension (www.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au), GSA Wholesale Suspension (reg@gsad.com.au)."
PSC is where my sway bar is from. They have both adjustable & non-adjustable bars. Prices aren't always the cheapest but the service & Hyundai knowledge is 2nd to none. Ask for Bretton if you have any questions regarding tuning or products.

3. No modification required. You simply remove the old bar & brackets/bushings, then replace with the new items. It's a pain in the arse to do as it is an awkward & tight fit but with a bit of patience you should get it done fing02.gif