Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Rear springs are still not settled!!

Old 05-12-2003, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear springs are still not settled!!

Argh. This is so frustrating.

I have a 2000 Elantra and I had my Eibach springs, that I bought from Sharkracing, put on about 2 weeks ago. The front looks good, but my rear end looks jacked up! This is not what I payed for!

The front looks like this:

The back looks like this:

What the hell? Some people have said "oh just be patient, they'll go down." Well, not good enough of an explanation for me. Did the shop install something wrong? Is there anything I should look for that could tell me if they did something wrong? Some people say it may take up to 2 months for them to fully settle? Is there any truth to this?

ANY help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated, as this is very frustrating.

Thanks!
Old 05-12-2003, 07:28 AM

some springs need settle time. some dont. a couple of months is way to long.

the thing with the rear end is there is really no weight back there. so if the springs arent made right then they might not drop down as far.

same thing happened to my jamex springs. never really settled any farther then the first night.

so they might go down more or they might not. install wrong? if you dont hear anything wrong then you should be fine.
Old 05-12-2003, 07:38 AM

it's just odd. when the car is in motion, the back squats down and it's all level. there is almost no weight in my trunk. oh well. guess i'll just wait and see.
Old 05-12-2003, 07:41 AM

mourningstar:
it's just odd. when the car is in motion, the back squats down and it's all level. there is almost no weight in my trunk. oh well. guess i'll just wait and see.
when your driving its the downforce or someone else is in the car tongue.gif
Old 05-12-2003, 12:19 PM

You might try adding some weight to you trunk for a little while.

Just make everyone ride in the trunk for the next month... hehe