Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Quality of Motegi rims??? *how about these ones*

Old 09-23-2004 | 03:36 PM

From: Lillington, NC & Maryville, TN when I can get there
Default Re: hp rating of stock internals?

Just as stated above.
Has anyone dealt with motegi rims?
Looking into getting the gunmetal MR7's.
Just wanted some thoughts on the subject of motegi.

Thanx
Old 09-23-2004 | 03:44 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: Sounding different

Good, I think. They are well built and the name is pretty popular.
Old 09-23-2004 | 03:45 PM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX
Default Re: Quality of Motegi rims???

Ive got FF6s, and I dont have any complaints about them. Had them for about a year. Only thing wrong is where I got to close to a curb at the DQ... me and 90 degree turns are compatiable oops.gif
Old 09-23-2004 | 03:48 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: Head Unit help

Hmm, I wouldn't buy motegis. I have not experienced them, but i think you should choose a rim you are more familiar with. i was a second away from buying konigs when i realized they got boring... and the ones i got were just as good for less price.

when i knocked in one of them, they seemed to be hollowed out. maybe it's just my imagination...

i'm sure they are okay. maybe i'm more into style than i am into name...
Old 09-23-2004 | 06:05 PM

Default Re: Exhaust

They looks decent but it's way too heavy.. the 16x7 weighs 20lbs and the 17x7 comes in at 24.5lbs apiece. Mind you that this does not include the +18lbs per tire that will be added to the wheels. If you're not interested in the performance aspect, than buy them.
Old 09-23-2004 | 06:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: 1.8 cam used

Konigs mang.

I get lots of compliments on mine, they are 16's and only weigh 13.4 pounds a piece. Talk about some throttle response.

wink.gif
Old 09-23-2004 | 08:01 PM

Default Re: ECU .. SAFC all the computer management for 01

I love my Enkeis.. but I know a Lot of people find them too plain.

I am not into it for style for style's sake.. though I will admit, I spent a LONG time looking at rims until I found a light five spoke rim that I liked AND flowed well with the design of the car.

People forget that last part.. I have seen some really beautiful rims on some really beautiful cars... but because the rims did not go well with the design of the car.. they looked like crap.
Old 09-23-2004 | 08:11 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Greeting From Japan

plain is not bad, but EVERYONE has motegi mr7s
Old 09-23-2004 | 08:14 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Re: Quality of Motegi rims???

Motegi wheels are good quality and usually have unique designs (no rip offs). They also own (or are owned by) RO_JA and American Racing (pep boys wheels). Both are fairly popular, and I've never heard of any problems with Motegi wheels. I've known SEVERAL people who have used Motegi wheels. SPIKE's entire car club seems to be sponsored by them (two of the cars in the club were in the RO_JA / Motegi booth @ NOPI). None of the members have ever had any problems (probably about 15 total sets of Motegi wheels throughout).

I don't think you can go wrong with Motegi or Konigs. As far as weight goes, I'm not sure about that. A 5lb. difference on wheels doesn't mean much to me... especially with a 150lb. system in the trunk

Edit: Tibby01's right... everyone DOES have Motegi MR7's. My friend just got the Chrome 18" MR7's (i've never seen those in chrome, in person) and they look real good.
Old 09-23-2004 | 08:16 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: Greeting From Japan

everyone who seems to get motegis have them fo' sho'. maybe because they're available at any car outlet from their tire/rim service. people come in the store looking at motegis and say to themselves, "hmm, while were here..."

they'r e heavy and hollowed out. they look okay... i think i have the plainest rims in these entire forums yet in my opinion they really match the car.