Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Problem: Too Much Front-end Roll

Old 07-08-2007 | 01:21 AM

Yeah, alignment was after the strut replacement...
Old 07-08-2007 | 01:31 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

i'd take it firestone and have them check your suspension. the reason i say this is i think they do free suspension checks.

if i'm wrong-... someone please speak up!

also you might want to check the studs for you struts under neath the hood, and the one underneath the cap in the center of the strut tower.
Old 07-08-2007 | 03:47 PM

^^^ Ill be taking it to a local shop tomorrow, and all those pieces you mentioned are brand new and on there very good, and the strut mounts are new s well. I'm baffled so hopefully the shop will figure it out...
Old 07-08-2007 | 08:05 PM

Maybe I am missing it from your wording, but did you replace wheels/tires after alignment? Because alignment depends A LOT on what wheel tire combo you have, even on the same tire meassure, it can vary from one tire model to another.
If not that, could it be that you "feel" so because you were used to your other wheel/tire combo?
Sometimes they loose the sway bar mounts to take out the struts, check the sway bar bushings and also if they tightend the sway bar mounts, if it's nothing related to that, they might have input the wrong numers to your alingment; that could cause poor steering but I don't know exactly if it could be interpreted as body roll...
let us know what it was..
Old 07-08-2007 | 10:18 PM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

forget that... even just the tires. I switched from Nankang NS-1 to Bridgestone Fuzion tires this weekend. The difference was the nankang NS-1 tires had no traction and were a VERY stiff ride. The bridgestone Fuzion tires are grade A traction and a very very soft ride. I noticed that if I jiggle my butt in my seat it now moves the entire car a few extra times. This is ok, because with these tires it's a much nicer ride. With the Nankang NS-1 tires, there was no movement at all. It's very very possible that your tires are the cause of difference of handling. Keep in mind you added about 2 inches of air and rubber instead of metal when you swapped.
Old 07-08-2007 | 11:13 PM

Guys, I swapped my rims for stockers months ago.... This is a recent development like within a week and a half. And the alignment was done about a month ago, about a month after the swap back to stockers. Sorry I didnt clear that up at the beginning...
Old 07-10-2007 | 08:29 PM

can you be more specific on the sympthom? Like, it's only when you turn but in a controlled and progressive movement? Or is it a little bouncier? Because if it is the first, then I'd go check sway bar links, sway bar bushings (both that they are in place and that they are tightened).
If it's a little bouncier I'd check the shocks... even when shocks do not support weight, and thus should not be the cause of excess roll, you could be under the impression because it bounces a little more than usual generating the impression of more roll.
And the most stupid question, but hence asking and checking is, have you checked your tire pressure lately?
If it's none of the above, I wouldn't know what to suggest...
anyway, get that alignment checked up again.