Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

possible rear sway bar group buy

Old 07-20-2004 | 01:11 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Jaws... we know you're dedicated as well, Chris just seems to voice himself more often so he gets noticed more lol.gif

For around $100 or so, possibly $130 shipped, I would buy the sway bar. I can't be definite on this yet, because I still have big plans for new wheels and some performance additions, and money is tight with student loans, but I'm looking into building my suspension next. If the price is low enough and the product is nice enough, I would be interested. However, without knowing an actual price, it's hard to determine what would fall into my budget.

As of now I'm a possibility. I'm willing to buy the sway bar in hopes that they will develope an exhaust. If I still lived in California, I'd rent a car for two weeks and let them have mine. I'm one of the few RD's that hasn't installed an exhaust yet. I didn't want to pay out the ass for the MBRP and I'm always concerned on hearing it before buying it. I'd be more interested in an exhaust setup. Maybe Mussa could work with Rob and have it on the HP store, that would be an incentive for Mussa to make products.
Old 07-20-2004 | 01:11 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Originally Posted by JAWS021
Originally Posted by REDZMAN
Blacktibs, one of the few guys REALLY workin to get stuff made.
You taking a shot at me mang?
:?
No no no no no mang, you are too. There just are very few folks trying to get stuff moving in the right direction. But it IS moving now.

they were definantly interested. So we might see that going down. Hopefully chris can do the R&D work.. if not ill make the drive and help them out.
Kick ass man, Chris said he'd do what they need. Iceman is taking his tib in to work on a CAI finally.

My exhaust is VERY custom.. so its a pain to remove it..
Either way.. my car will be in small pieces and wont even see a road for sometime now, unfortunately.
Im still worried about an exhaust though.. since most people just want a catback. Also most RDs already have a cat back or what not.
Word, I understand about your exhaust then mang. But as for the rest of us, there are new folks here everyday man, and if you haven't looked around, the MOST asked about thing for months now is exhausts. There are like NONE available anymore. I even put up a sticky on the ones available right now. If they came out with a GOOD one and it's not as loud as the MBRP, I'd sell my MBRP for it prolly. LOTS of the guys here don't have a Catback yet. Can't find one.

Strut bar.. they have already. I have one sitting on my car right now.
For the RD's?!?!?

Doode, can you PLEASE ask them if they can make us a special Strut Bar for the Airrams? I've got a few ideas on what we can do to fix it, but if they don't work, we need an alternative. Chris is putting in his Airram IM soon so they can look at his car thank god.

Frantastic, thanks Jaws.

Sway bar.. im still pushing for it. If we can have a cheaper alternative than the whiteline with better performance.. why wouldint you get it?
I would, if it met those things, but I don't think most folks go for them. I was simply going off of what you said before man, that they were gonna base their RD production off of this group buy. If they will make more stuff for us even if this doesn't sell, then let's do it. You know what I mean?

The rear sway bar does more for your car than both strut bars combined.
Word, I know that, but I don't do any road course driving and I don't think that many of us do, most of us start off with the bars, you know that bra.

I am also working on something else with them which is the key item im working on. It will also probably be their premier product for the RDs.
Don't be a dick, dick, what?!?!?

Ill talk to them later today and see whats up.
Thanks mang.[/quote]
Old 07-20-2004 | 01:41 PM

I'm in for this as well!!! For my driving habits/expectations,the Tib isn't quite tight enough.As long as the price isn't too high,I'll buy one.
Old 07-20-2004 | 02:48 PM

WOW! guys you dont understand what difference sway bar made on my XD! It was one of the best upgrades I've even done to my car for the money!!! I will be all over this GB, and please do not make it thicker than 20mm unless it will be combined with front sway bar!

and one more thing, my rear sway bar is fron GT GK, they are 19.2 MM thick and fit XDs smile.gif how thick is the RDs sway bar? and do you think that GKs sway bars would fit?
Old 07-20-2004 | 03:11 PM

ive got the gk rear sway on my 01tib they fit fine .... i think stock rear sways on the rd are ....17mm not sure on that though
and yea... i definately felt a diff after i installed on my rd
Old 07-20-2004 | 03:11 PM

QUOTE (OdessitPashka)
WOW! guys you dont understand what difference sway bar made on my XD! It was one of the best upgrades I've even done to my car for the money!!!

Can't argue with you on that!!!

QUOTE (OdessitPashka)
and one more thing, my rear sway bar is fron GT GK, they are 19.2 MM thick and fit XDs smile.gif how thick is the RDs sway bar? and do you think that GKs sway bars would fit?

I have pictures of the OEM rear one with a caliper,... I'll have to dig it up at home

And NO GK bars WILL NOT fit
Old 07-20-2004 | 03:17 PM

Kayjai, 01 Roller just said the rear one fits.

I'd heard that before too.
Old 07-20-2004 | 04:00 PM

oh ok
lol.gif

im not taking anything from chris.. im glad i helped that f***er when he tore up his whole car (engine, ecu, tranny)... jsut so he can fit a stupid cold air intake

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Plus hes the riciest guy in LA... every club has to have one
lol.gif
Im also going to be one of his advertising whores.. so i have to be nice to the guy so he can keep putting those blue round thingies on my car
8)

I let mussa know about the lack of exhaust available for us. Exhaust is probably their specialty.. so im pretty sure that will happen.

As far as GK bars.. i remember random telling me they will not fit.
Old 07-20-2004 | 04:16 PM

That would rule.

No, really, they posted about it before mang, the rear GK bar fits.
Old 07-20-2004 | 04:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

my car is pretty much stock. suspension/brakes was the first thing i was gonna work on. as long as timing is right, id be down for it dude.