Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

possible rear sway bar group buy

Old 07-16-2004, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

whoa... I think that's the best description and visual aide I've ever heard anybody use for any type of explanation. You sir, have an A for your science project.
Old 07-17-2004, 01:28 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I dropped off the stock front and rear sway bars to Mussa yesterday guys, I told them to make them like 22mm thick and adjustable for you winter guys. I also brought them full stock exhaust headers to muffler, an intake manifold, a throttle body, a valve cover, fuse box cover, and some other stuff.

I'll help out on this much as often as I can, I'm sure Mussa will have something for us with the next two weeks, so I'll let you know what I get back. and any concerns I'll keep them informed on such as I have so far.

What else would we like them to make us? I'd say body parts at this point. Everything performance I could think of that I had parts laying around I brought down, oh yeah a stock fuel rail too, so maybe we'll start seeing cool stuff from Mussa, fingers crossed.
Old 07-17-2004, 10:27 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Blacktibs, one of the few guys REALLY workin to get stuff made.

WOW...

Good job mang. Really. You should get a commendation.

As for the Sway Bar, I really don't think it'll sell to well, not that many folks wanting that stuff. Strut bars? Yes. The deal is if they make that first, and there isn't much in interest, they won't make anything else. That's why we need to go the other route. I've had to do that with David. There are lots of things he didn't want to put on the site, he doesn't think they will sell, so we gotta work him up to them.

What do we really need?

Exhaust's. A Good one. IM's. TB's, the other items you brought him. Strut bars, caps and covers of all types. Once they start selling, they can start workin on more serious mods.
Old 07-17-2004, 03:18 PM

unfortunatly, you are right Redz... as it sits now, the Tiburon is a good handling and "safe" car.. it can work into oversteer if you work at it.. but it is not at home there. The few people who actually prefer a car to handle a little "loose" in the rear will not be enough to convince Mussa that there is a market for these cars.
Old 07-17-2004, 09:55 PM

But the guys that are working on this, aren't listening.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:49 AM

Unfortunately I already have a set of front and rears, sways and struts. As well as springs and struts, Eibachs all around, or else I'd be all over this
Old 07-18-2004, 10:20 AM

So, anyone wanna contact Jaws21 to see if he can get them workin on something else? Mussa is a good company and I'd hate to see them not making anything for us because the wrong item was picked to be made first.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:29 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I would be interested in the rear sway bar. It would be nice if it was adjustable!
Old 07-20-2004, 12:17 PM

QUOTE (REDZMAN)
Blacktibs, one of the few guys REALLY workin to get stuff made.

You taking a shot at me mang?
:?

Anyways..
I got the call from mussa about chris dropping all the stuff.. which will make things sooooooooooooo much easier. I mentioned the exhaust..

they were definantly interested. So we might see that going down. Hopefully chris can do the R&D work.. if not ill make the drive and help them out.
My exhaust is VERY custom.. so its a pain to remove it..
Either way.. my car will be in small pieces and wont even see a road for sometime now, unfortunately.
Im still worried about an exhaust though.. since most people just want a catback. Also most RDs already have a cat back or what not.

Strut bar.. they have already. I have one sitting on my car right now.

Sway bar.. im still pushing for it. If we can have a cheaper alternative than the whiteline with better performance.. why wouldint you get it?

The rear sway bar does more for your car than both strut bars combined.

I am also working on something else with them which is the key item im working on. It will also probably be their premier product for the RDs.

Ill talk to them later today and see whats up.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:45 PM

I think sway bars don't sell well because most of the scene is for show, not go. You can't see it, so why get it? Personally, I would buy sway bars over strut bars anyday. Why? Because sway bars are the most cost effective way to improve the handling of your car. For the vast majority of people, strut bars do hardly anything on our cars other than look cool. However, you can pop your hood and show it off. Pretty tough to do that with sway bars - "Ya, climb under my car. You see that piece of steel caked with mud and grime? Thats what I just bought!"