Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

possible rear sway bar group buy

Old 07-14-2004, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I've heard that about their exhaust mang. I'ts supposed to be frantastic. Blacktibs would let them do an exhaust on his car, or any of the folks down there.

From my recent whoring, there is a MUCH higher demand for a quality exhaust that sounds good, than a rear Sway Bar. Especially now that MBRP is gone, Kore has always been gone, and SS Autochrome doesn't make a full exhaust for us anymore.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:17 PM

QUOTE (tibby01)
front sway bars dont really do much either.

WTF you talking 'bout willis?
:roll:
Old 07-14-2004, 01:24 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

QUOTE (tibby01)
hes talking about sway bars java.wink.gif

D'oh! I'm tired today.... oops.gif

I was think rear strut bar anyways....
Old 07-14-2004, 01:24 PM

OK, to clear up the confusion.....Jaws said he was still looking for something to do a GB on that would sell like crazy.....

Java mentioned center bars.....Tibby01 said to java that Jaws was talking about rear sway bars.... I just posted the quote that Jaws had stating he was still looking for something that would really sell.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:47 PM

Default Return Spring

A sway bar that thick, without being adjustable? My car would be pretty much undriveable in the winter, at least without a matching front swaybar to keep the car from oversteering too much.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:28 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (KayJai)
QUOTE (tibby01)

front sway bars dont really do much either.

WTF you talking 'bout willis?
:roll:

ok, i shouldnt have said it like that. i meant they dont do as much as rear bars do.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:31 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

i'll be in for the rear SWAY bar,,not rear strut bar correct?
Old 07-15-2004, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

alright... not sure why everyone decided to come to me, especially since I haven't posted oin this topic yet, but they did.

I've received several IM's from a few people asking what the hell sway bars do. They want to build their suspension and engine but aren't totally up to speed on the products and what they are/do.

Would somebody please post some info for those who aren't too knowledgeable on sway bars? The people who contacted me were confusing STRUT bars with SWAY bars

risks, good points, bad points, pic of where they go, ease in bolting on, etc. (I think those are all the questions I was asked). I'm not too informed on it either so I'd rather give no information than the wrong information.

I'm considering jumping in on this but have to see where I am financially. I'll post in a few days whether I will or not.

JAWS - do we have a minimum # of people that you would like to see? What about pricebreak points? I know the GB isn't official yet, but info like that might help get more people interested. $40 price range then saying possibly more or less could make people weary of committing. For $90 it seems like everyone would jump in, for $160 some people might not.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:07 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

how stuff works is awesome. should always be a starting point for new users. maybe somebody make it sticky in the newbie bin?

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question432.htm

strut bars reduce body flex. sway bars reduce body roll. sway bars go underneath the car, and connect the two suspension members from alternating sides.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:32 PM

ok... how this works.. in a nutshell... a anti-sway bar works like a spring. It connects both sides of a suspension together in a flexible manner... IE.. both rear wheels. When your car leans or "rolls" into a turn.. the outside suspension compresses and the inside extends.. with an anti-sway bar in place.. this change in suspension geometry works on the bar.. the bar wants both wheels to be even at all time.. so when the car is leaned over, the bar is stressed.. compressing like a spring (it is.. a torsion style spring) which works to lift the extended suspension up into the body and to push the compresses suspension back out..

For a good visual.. take a paperclip and unbend it.. turning it into a "I_I" shape... if you hold it by the piece in the middle and move one of the free ends.. the other side will move in concert.. now get a body or loved one to grab the other free end and try and move it again.. the paperclip will try and move your body's fingers to match yours.. but because the paperclip is now a "Spring" it can only exert pressure to a certain extent before it simply starts to twist... They are designed like that so both wheels are not Locked together.. which is a sure fire way to invoke terminal oversteer when installed on the rear wheels of a car