Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

People With Slammed Rides

Old 09-29-2005, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^ Personally, I agree. The perfect compromise between looks and handling. I actually do not like the slammed and tucked look... it takes away the a car's integrity as a vehicle.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:02 PM

QUOTE (OzFxCoupe @ Sep 29 2005, 09:08 AM)
Most people with ridiculous drops would have air-bag/hydraulic suspension or maybe they just slam the rear heaps whilst keeping the front at a reasonable height (at least enough to turn the wheels to full lock)... Super hard damper settings too.

To be honest, I'm surprised your front bumper is still in one piece, even at that height... Brake hard enough at speed & the nose would drop enough to touch the road, I'm sure. I bet that thing litterally cut the grass the day you took those pics.

the rides i see are like civics and stuff.. and they arent the show car ones but more like "go" cars.. and i know most of them are on coils they arent on air bags.. and i'm not talking like ridiculously dropped with the rim under the fender.. but i'm tlaking about half the tire in the fender.

i can brake as hard as i want and my front will barely dip.. i got coils on my car and its set very stiff all around. i've went to autox with my car a bit lower than it is in the pic and had no problems... but just not with those rims..

and my rims are 205/40/17 in the fronts with i think 40+ offset and the rears are 215/40/17

QUOTE (long @ Sep 29 2005, 07:39 PM)
lol yeah that body kit is really really low. i know you drive it right goint at everythin slanted. if i didnt have bags. i probably wouldnt have that bumper.

its so much nicer to have fast bags to adjust anytime you see a bump, pothole, etc. and when its slammed......you already know

also when i have absolutely no air in my bags. i can still drive and turn. cant go over any bumps or anything but you can drive. i slam it on the highway all the time.

yeea i go slanted on everything.. i can only go up my driveway from one side.. really though i have no problems scraping... i got more than enough clearance then it looks

QUOTE (Malik112099 @ Sep 29 2005, 08:51 PM)
why would you want to go any lower? it looks damn good like that

the way my kit is designed, it only looks good to me when its really low.. if its high it looks weird.. and it looks low on the grass but its actually not so low.

QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ Sep 29 2005, 11:06 PM)
^^^^ Personally, I agree. The perfect compromise between looks and handling. I actually do not like the slammed and tucked look... it takes away the a car's integrity as a vehicle.

right now my car handles just as good as any, my car doesnt rub at all. I have no gap between my wheels right now.
i'm actually selling these rims and getting new ones.. i'm getting 16's so i can slam it more and handle better
Old 09-29-2005, 08:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

you can overlower your car an actually hurt your handling. i would leave it