Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Painting Rims???

Old 09-17-2001, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting Rims???

Sup, i as u can see from my pic in my signature i have 18" Konig Tantrums, well i want to have them painted white soo i can get some white Grahpics on the sides of the car! Can this be done, like painting the rims?? And how much would u think it would cost? also what is powder coating? would that work? lol 1 last thing i hit a speed bump at like 60 and bent the lip of my right front rim would it be worth it to fix it or buy a new rim ?? thanks alot fred~
Old 09-17-2001, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Rims can be fixed. But if I'm not mistaken, those rims are only about $100 to $150 a pop. Fixing it will run you about $50 to $75, and it will never look like new.

You could just "ghetto" paint them yourself with white enamel, but it will never look as good as powercoating. Professional powder coating is between $25 and $50 a wheel, depending on where you go.

Add shipping costs to all of the above, unless you can find a local place to do it.

Also, the tires will have to be removed off the wheels for it to be done, so you will be "shoeless" for ahwile unless you kept your original set.
Old 09-17-2001, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

Powder Coating 101: this month's Super Street...

It really sounds cool. Read that article in the new Super Street, it will explain everything!