Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Ordering New Rims

Old 07-17-2006, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Since all of our taxes are going into the war, nothing is being done about potholes in the U.S. Unfortunately I've hit one of them and cracked the hell out of my Kyowa rim... It's too bad it was a nice rim and a huge waste of money. After dealing with a bunch of scumbags not wanting to sell me one rim, I've decided to get something so strong that it'll be able to withstand any pothole in the 17' size. Sure expensive, but definitely worth it. Plus I won't be dealing with garbage salespeople, it'll be a rim in constant production.

Sure it'll tame down the look of the car a little, but it doesn't matter, nothing keeping me from being a rally fan. I've always loved the five spoke and its sex appeal smile.gif but multispoke is the only going to add reinforcement. Performance before looks.

I'm ordering these in silver after my vacation. I'm just exhausted of spending hours looking for a rim that is distributed improperly. You guys tell me what you think. I'm out for a week.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:42 PM

those will look really nice! Very, very nice. smile.gif
Old 07-17-2006, 10:39 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Mate, I'm sure one of these places will sell you one rim, if that's all you need. Maybe just get some bigger tyres or something, so as to better protect your rims. The Superturismos are very cool but so are the ones you've already got.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:42 PM

appreciate it fellas. sorries, just came back from a 16 hour drive from florida non-stop avoiding cops all day long. didn't bring back any girls 'cuz there was none this time!?! wtf happened lol?

i sought an easy place to order these from, but damn tirerack is charging $250 for just one! i better call them and make sure their website isn't 10 years ahead of themselves.

yeah i love my current rims! i really do. i hit a pothole (just like i predicted) hard enough to slice the inside portion of it and make it useless. so for three months i was on a mission to find distributors. after failing 3 times, i nailed one to the point where they didn't want to sell me just one lousy rim but instead all four as a set. then they said it was on backorder. the original store i ordered from went out of business and now i'm left with three flashy rims.

so i decided that the multispoke Superturismo GT's (silver) might hold up a lot stronger than 5-spoke rims since the spokes support all 360º walls of the rim as well as an interesting interior structure. not only that but they were used on the formula 2 kit car in tarmac rallies so it will be more sentimental to me. so IF the superturismo should crack it would be easy to find a replacement since those rims are basically what founded O.Z. Racing in the first place.

if you guys know anywhere else i can get these from, please post! google searching isn't helping much, it's giving me a bunch of european sites. i think braker has these on his car, i'm not sure. it really helps a lot. my car looks funny with one stock rim.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

how much for the OZs? I love the wheels they make. How much those weigh?
Old 07-27-2006, 03:24 PM

damn these cost $250 a pop without tires! what do you guys think about that?! shight is damn expensive. i hate to spend my sweat earnings.

weight is 20lbs. there's a new shipment coming from italy on august 18th. braker i know you have these. i'm PMing you litto greek mang.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:59 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

^ 20lbs is pretty heavy mate... are you sure that's right? I thought they were meant to be forged lightweight rims.

Just hold out until you can find a replacement for your cracked 5-spoker... Then get 215/40-17 tyres fing02.gif
Old 07-27-2006, 08:44 PM

you think so? i have to double check on the weight. the reason i want to buy multispoke is because they would hold up better here in maryland than 5 spoke. the crack is on the inside of the rim though still between spokes. i have to ask braker (COTM winner) about his superturismos though he never seems to be on here. maybe he's got some sponsorship or something.

these oz's are hella sold in europe a lot!! i think what that extra $100 is there for is shipping them from italy.

damnit lol... i'm so mixed up. i really must say my sister's dunlop tire is holding up well for 9 years of use! haha. if anyone can find a price that beats $249, please hit me up. i've got 215/40/17 Kumho tires too with 40 PSI!! Oz i love ya like always.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:07 PM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

looks good. OZ....
Old 07-30-2006, 09:47 PM

I'm a huge rally fan, but also love 5-spoke. and i need a strong rim to withstand washington d.c. i think the OZ's look classy and definitely fit the car. What do you guys think?