Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Opinions On Rims........

Old 12-06-2001, 01:32 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Opinions On Rims........

I really like these rims, but I can't decide on which ones are good overall for show and racing. Another words..I want something that looks good, is somewhat light, and won't cost an arm & a leg to purchase. So what do you guys think???

- Tenzo R SHU-4's in white finish

- Tenzo R Type 2 in super silver

- ADR DV 8 in white finish

- ADR Sokudo in white finish
Old 12-06-2001, 02:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ADR DV 8 in white finish...

ADR DV 8 in white finish...

ADR DV 8 in white finish!!!

those are sweet rims for a tibby especially if its black
Old 12-06-2001, 02:44 AM

Oof. Are you still planning on painting the exterior of your car some shade of super-mega-brite white? It's gonna be HARD finding a set of white rims that are gonna look good on your car. Most aren't gonna match exactly, which means they'll look yellow or grey in comparison to the rest of your car. Some might look good under indoor lighting, but will look like crap when you're at an outdoor show, or vice versa. Best of luck to you!

I like the SHU's best...but I'd need to see them in person to get a full opinion. Silver & white is a pretty risky thing to mix. You'd need to see them IRL to make sure it looked good.

If they looked craptacular, then the Type 2's would be my second pick. Good consistent looks on any car in any conditions.

The DV8's are alright in my opinion. I personally don't like rims that have text all over their edges like that...but that's just me. I certainly do not share the same aesthetic opinions of the general show congregation.

Sokudos come in dead last in my opinion. Those black screws ruin them. Look like little rabbit turds all over your rims. If those screws were interchangable to white or another colour that tied in with the rest of your car, then they might be better. But going from just that picture...bleh.
Old 12-06-2001, 12:33 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tib

i want the dv-8's in black on my black 01 tib...those will fit right?
Old 12-06-2001, 02:44 PM

Out of those four selections I would go with the ADR DV8's. Although I dont like the white rims all that well, but they should look good with your car if you are still painting it that color you were going to before.
Old 12-06-2001, 02:55 PM

Hate to veer away from my comrades but...
Tenzo R SHU for me
Old 12-06-2001, 03:04 PM

I'm giving my votes to the ADR Sokudo in the white finish. To me those wheels would look great tucked about 2 inches.
Old 12-06-2001, 03:14 PM

Tenzo R SHU wink.gif Right after I bought my rims I saw those in black and and fell in love with them.. they're also supafly in white.