Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

New Wheels / Tires

Old 08-14-2001 | 09:29 AM

Default New Wheels / Tires

OK, so I have been laying a little too much rubber and now my front tires are pretty dead rolleyes.gif, so I would really like to upgrade my stock 195/50-14 tires to 15 or 16". I read up on all the info here regarding tire upsizing (Thanks Random!) and I know that I am going to be buying Kumho or Yokahama Avid T4 tires, but I am not sure what brand of wheel to get.

I don't want to spend over $700 realisticly... and I saw some nice looking rims on Tire Rack from Borbet ($109ea), but they are not in stock for another month. I also saw wheels from a company called "Sport Edition" that looked like what I want also($95ea).

Now, I don't want to drive off with a set of rims that you can get at K-Mart, but does the manufacturer really matter, does weight make a huge difference or what?
Old 08-14-2001 | 11:50 AM

Go back to Tire Rack's site and read the wheel tech section, it has some good info on casting methods and more.
Old 08-14-2001 | 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

In my opinion...tire rack has really high prices. Check out the other wheel thread and there are PLENTY of links for cheap wheels/tires.