Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

New Rotors And Pads

Old 06-11-2007 | 07:38 PM

Hey times coming up to change the pads and rotors, just looking for a decent store to pick some up from. i almost forgot a place that has front and rear discs as well-thanks
Old 06-11-2007 | 08:04 PM
Nex

are you asking or stating?
Old 06-11-2007 | 08:12 PM

i'm asking, why? i've searched and all i could find were a bunch of old posts that pretty much don't pertain to what i'm looking for; which is a reliable source for pads and rotors
Old 06-11-2007 | 08:18 PM
Nex

sry, i guess i should've answered just in case. Well, it all depends on what you're looking for. If you just want replacement to OEM rotors and pads, any major auto parts store should easily hook you up if you're going the DIY route, which is cheaper. they'll give you different prices on the parts and if you want to go the performance route sometimes they have what you need.

If you're looking for professional installation(recommended if you've never done it) look around town and get different quotes before you make a quick decision.
Old 06-11-2007 | 08:29 PM

sorry myself nex, i guess i should've been more specific what i'm looking for is a full set of slotted rotors and some pads, i want to go with greenstuff pads and rotora rotors but i can't find a place that has a set for my application so i need an alternative. do you have slotted rotors and if you do what kind? i'm mechanically inclined but i'm going to have them put in by NTB they are used to my car and they do great buisness.
Old 06-11-2007 | 11:37 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

ebay has cheap rotors.
make sure you get the ones that fit 99-01, 97-99 are different and will not fit.

for pads, most reccomend hawk or ebc. i can get hawk brake pads for around $120 shipped.

do some reading on ceramic vs semi-metallic (by that i mean search google), and figure out what's right for you. there is also a lot of information regarding drilled vs slotted vs drilled+slotted rotors.

good luck.
Old 06-12-2007 | 12:35 AM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Like Zoned19 said, "ebay". I got my Drilled and Slotted rotors with pads on E-Bay for $177 + shipping. They work alot better then my old ones which were starting to wear out from having been turned 3 times. The drill holes should make them stand up to more heat then stock, the slots should are "diamond shaped" to keepthe brake dust from building up even more then standard because of the sharp points on the slots, and the pads are "low dust". They should hold up longer then my stockers. I couldn't ask for more out of $177

Old 06-13-2007 | 12:55 AM

those look great dtn your tibs coming together real nice bud, back ot i would go ebay but i got screwed on a header a while back so unfortunatley i will not do buisness with ebay, but has anyone had r1 concept rotors or are those shitty?
Old 06-13-2007 | 03:24 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

Isn't the rotorpros special pricing still available?

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...special+pricing

Aren't these better quality than ebay ones with similar price?
Old 06-13-2007 | 09:43 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

You don't do business "With" eBay, you do business through them.

If you got screwed, I'm assuming you either...

A. Didn't read the auction correctly.
B. Didn't follow up on your auction in an appropriate time.
C. Didn't complain or file paypal complaints in an appropriate time.

I've been shopping on ebay for what, 8 years now? Out of about 25,000 dollars I've spent on there, I've had 2 minor issues, for about $20 total.