Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Need Help With Camber Kit.

Old 04-13-2005, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have intrax springs with a huge drop. My front wheels are tucking in. Rode on them for 10k mi with stock struts and allignment was fine, recently got KYB struts and car started to pull to the left a bit. Went to get an allignment and they told me that there is no more adjustment possible to make 02.gif It wasn't too bad so I was gonna deal with it somehow.

Yesterday I got new wheels and car is pulling to the left like crazy!!! I need to do something with the allignment asap! I would rather no to unlower my car because I love the way it looks, but I'm not sure what else can help me.

Will camber kit help with my car pulling to the left? If so, which one to get and how to install one? and where to get allignment fixed with the kit?

I'm just not sure how they work.

Thanks a bunch

OP
Old 04-13-2005, 11:26 AM

I have the EiBach camber kits (2). One for the front and one fot the rear. How they work is that the bolt has an ocentrix and depending on how the bolt turns it will change your camber. They were pretty cheap. I think $20 a kit. They replace the top bolt on each strut assembly.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:28 AM

do they help with left/right pulling?

I assume install was very easy, and did you adjust them yourself?
Old 04-13-2005, 11:30 AM

Yeah they are really easy to install. Take out the top bolt and put this one in. Depending on which way it points matters wether you are going position or negative. I adjusted them myself when I installed them (lined them up with the original) and then had an alignment done. It was pulling hard before but now it drives nice and straight.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:39 AM

Great. Can I use eibach kit for my intrax springs? I don't see why not, but just checking.

Which bolt should be taken out and replaced? One that hold the top part of the strut, one that sits inside with lots of grease?

Still don't get how you adjust them, you might have to help me out with these man smile.gif

Where did you get yours from?
Old 04-13-2005, 11:56 AM

I got them online. Cant remember from who. But anyway. Yeah they work with any struts. There are two bolts that connect the strut to the (I forget what its called). The only other bolts on the front strut besides the tower mounts on the top. How they work is this. The bolt is smaller than the normal bolt but has a place on it where it gets larger. There is a washer on the bolt that has teeth and a little notch. If the notch is towards the drivers side it is one way and if towards the passenger side it is the other (wether positive or negitive). Then when you take a wrench and tighten it (not all the way) once it is almost tight you only use the wrench on one side and make the bolt spin (the washer stays still). When it spins it adjusts the amount of camber or caster. Does that all make sense?

-Edit-

Here is the part number for 96-01 Tiburons: (Same front and back) 5.81250K

-Edit-Edit-

They allow adjustment of +/- 1.75 degrees.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:17 PM

does the pulling get any worse or better when braking?
Old 04-13-2005, 04:36 PM

Thanks man. I guess I'll figure it out once I get them.
Those part numbers are for eibach, right?

mad, braking doesn't affect how hard it pulls. The speed does though.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:44 PM

Yeah they are for eibach. They are normally $20-25 per set. You need two sets, one for the rear and one for the front. How they work is hard to explain but each set comes with a page showing you how to use them.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:52 PM

I found them on ebay for $40 shipped a set, but it seems a little to expensive.

I will actually only need one I think. Rear should be fine smile.gif or not? lol

I'll search some more, maybe I'll come with better prices.

I did find OBX kit for $28 shipped, but it's only adjustable 1 degree.