Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Lowering Car, Handr Springs

Old 04-25-2005, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

heres the problem with going with a low drop on the gr2s.

they were made as an aftermmarket replacement. they were designed keeping the stock height provided by the stock springs in mind. go down too low with them, and they wont last long.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:45 PM

Ok i am going to save a little bit more money and get the ebaich struts and probally the springs too so everything is made for each other so my suspension dosent get messed up a year later, do it right the first time
Ill have enough money by the beginning of the summer, and I really want the sway bars too probally by the end of the summer anyways
Then ill start up the autox in the fall again, so I can truely feel the new suspension stuff and post how it works next fall. Thanks, I was about to get the cheap struts and waste lots of time and money later thanks
Old 04-26-2005, 03:53 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

along with all the other suggestions, get some nice fatty tires with a large sidewall for autox (unless you already have). Not sure what size rim would work best for autox but I would assume no larger than 16"
Sidewalls and sway bars are your best friends.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:02 PM

The tread on my coopers is pretty good now from previous owner, but maybe ill get 15" wheels light weight and falken azzinies or just the tires for xmas but too expensive right now
Old 04-26-2005, 04:34 PM

Hey Brian, I wrote about this everytime anyone asked for srpings (and I don't mind doing it one more time if it can be of any help to you smile.gif )
I have used both H&R and Eibach springs (the Eibachs I tried with OEM new shopcks and then with KYB GR2).

As said before, they lower the same, if there's any difference, you couldn't tell by the eye. The Eibachs are softer, for my taste, too soft for AutoX. Trying the Eibachs with OEM shocks is A REALLY BAD IDEA (I suspect the H&R+OEM Shocks would be lousy too) and the car sat even lower, OEM shocks suck rocks.
H&R's are firmer, nothing too anoying if you don't have to take bumpy roads everyday, I would choose them over the Eibachs anytime, they are really firmer and give you noticeable less body roll wjen compared on the stock swaybars.

I have been using my H&R's with KYB GR2 shocks for two years now, and I can tell you they are great combo, not any symptom of irregular wear on shocks (on the opossite, they are holding pretty well, like new after two years); I never needed any camber kit (and I checked alignement electronically) and have gone trough my first set of tires with no uneven wear.

If you go with the Eibachs, ride will be softer, no doubt more comfortable but swaybars will be a must, on the opossite, being H&R's firmer, you could do fine without swaybars (but with them you car turns even meaner B) ) and one other thing, you can get from the tirerack for cheaper than the link you posted. If you buy swaybars, try the H&R's, I am sure they should be a very good choice (I bought Whiteline because there wasn't any H&R's available when I bought them).
Old 04-26-2005, 05:30 PM

Thanks Zman, I want the rougher ride which = better performance, my streets are really good except in one small area, so i will definately get the H&Rs and thanks for letting me know that the gr2s wont ware out so I'll go with them and Ill get those sway bars later and see how much they help

Thanks Zman