Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Looking For White Rims

Old 04-14-2005, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Ok, so my stock color is white and I figure I'll get white rims for a nice clean look. Pretty rare offerings from a lot of suppliers as far as variety, so I check out ebay and they have a decent selection. Thr problem is, the ones I like the most are 18's. Yes I know the issues with running 18's on our cars. The size is 18x7.5 with a 42mm offset. $289. That's cheap! Here's what they look like:

I would really prefer to get 17's, but the pickings are slim. Here is a set I kind of like that are 17x7 with a 40mm offset. $425 for the set:

So what is everybody's opinion? I really like the styling of the first ones, but am concerned about them being 18's, but for that price I can afford to screw them up. Maybe I should just hold out and see if any more selection for 17's pop up. And maybe someone here has some white 17's they would be willing to part with. Let me know!

Oh, and also, Yes I know I can get the first ones in 16's, but I really want to avoid that if I can. That is just too small IMO. 17's will definately stand out more. If I have to, I will get 16's, but I would prefer 17's. Thanks!
Old 04-14-2005, 11:36 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Well, the second set tickles my fancy a little bit more cause I like that style. Although the first set are 18s I do like them. They're cheap too. I dunno man, tough one, just remember that those 18s are gonna give you a rough ride and may throw you some curve balls with rubbing and grounding out and shish.

I'd wait and see if you can find cheaper set of 17s somewhere. But, again, it's totally your call.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:58 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

brother they both look good, but my experiance with white wheels is not good..they stay clean for a day or two after u wash them, and one night rideing around town. i would go with the secound set. but not white. they will never stay clean, a gold or dark colour should work. . B) that is one of the things i hate is dirty rims. i ninja.gif
Old 04-15-2005, 12:09 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Wow, I never even thought about that Mad John. Gold or a Bright Bronze colour rim would look amazing on a white coloured car.

But hey if he likes white, he likes white. He'll just have to be careful of puddles and stuff of that nature.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:19 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I want that second pair in 16's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIMME A LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well its an ebay pic, so ill search there

Im going w/white on white also... except I dont give a crap if there clean unless its a picture day! lol.gif
Old 04-15-2005, 12:51 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

For 18" you need tires like 205/35 R18 and it would be a rough ride with such a low tire height.

And white rims will not stay clean for long (espesially by brake dust).
White rims on white car look hot IMO. But I would also search for gun-metal color.
Old 04-15-2005, 06:21 AM

my concern is weight and strength. 18s are usually pretty heavy. Being a cheap ebay rim, they are probably very heavy and not at all that strong. Watch out for potholes!

And you know, you can always get a rim you like and have it powdercoated white.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:06 AM

I think those wheels look decent and at least they have a polished lip to break up the "whitness" monotiny
Old 04-15-2005, 07:43 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

I really like the pollished lip too. I never thought of having rims powder coated white. Not a bad idea. I know they will be a pain in the butt to keep clean, but I wash my car like every week. Brake dust is the worst. However, I'll only be using white rims for 2 or 3 years, until I paint the car purple. Then I'll be looking at chrome or gun metal. But yeah, I could see how gold or bronze would look good on a white car. Even gun metal. But I've seen a few cars that cruize around in all white and I think it has a very appealing clean look to it. That's what I'm goin for.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:58 AM

Me likes the 2nd set!