Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Looking for Coilovers for my tibby

Old 09-18-2001, 04:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default Looking for Coilovers for my tibby

Does anyone know where I can get some coilover for a 2000 Tibby????????????

Old 09-18-2001, 04:34 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

There's a couple of places in Korea that sell them, but you're gonna spend ALOT of money for them. Wepaon R was designing some and needed a guinea pig, but I'm not too sure on what the current state is on the development. Give them a call and see if they finished them. But just a warning....alot of people have Weapon R coil overs on their Accents and they're not the greatest quality. Some time down the road, you might see other shops selling them like KORE or SR. But as for now, your choices are real slim on finding a set that won't have you spending thousands of dollars or leaving you with a bad ride quality. rolleyes.gif
Old 09-19-2001, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

The Korean sets start at around $1500 for the cheap non-adjustables, and go up to $4000 for full race spec units.

The Weapon-R units are not REAL coilovers. They are just a threadded spring perch. REAL coilovers have the strut built in.

Most of the folks with the Weapon-R units for the Accent complain about 'Bounce'. Basically the Weapon-R springs are too strong for the stock struts. So the Struts cannot dampen out the "boing" of the spring.

If you get the Weapon-R units, and if you have a problem with 'bounce', you will have to upgrade your struts to get rid of it.