Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

KYB GR2 Intalled!

Old 03-30-2005, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ride will be more stable on the road, but a little stiffer.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:46 PM

i just got a set off ebay today.... any tips on the install? whats the best way to torque the top strut bolt? should i torque down all the way once i lower the car back down? thanx
Old 04-14-2005, 10:34 PM

I take off two bolts that hold the strut first, then unbolt/unclick the brake line, then take off the 3 bolts inside the engine bay or the hatch, then slip the whole assembly out, then if you have lowering spring you don't even have to compress anything, if you do compress the springs a little bit, then unbolt the big bolt inside the strut, replace the strut and do everything in reverse.

PM me if you got anymore questions. The two bolts that hold the strut will be very difficult to take off if it's the 1st time you are doing this.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:19 PM

QUOTE (OdessitPashka @ Apr 15 2005, 04:34 AM)
I take off two bolts that hold the strut first, then unbolt/unclick the brake line, then take off the 3 bolts inside the engine bay or the hatch, then slip the whole assembly out, then if you have lowering spring you don't even have to compress anything, if you do compress the springs a little bit, then unbolt the big bolt inside the strut, replace the strut and do everything in reverse.

PM me if you got anymore questions. The two bolts that hold the strut will be very difficult to take off if it's the 1st time you are doing this.

im thinking of picking up a set soon
Old 04-17-2005, 01:10 AM

thats op..... was cake. took me bout 3.5 hours in the blazin sun. havnt drivin it much cuz im still on the donut and have a lil positive camber. so imma get an alignment and have them inspect my bad wheel. thanks again.....