Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

I need a stiffer suspension!

Old 09-17-2004, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: trying to plan a system

I need to know what brand of springs and struts to give my car a real stiff feel. The streets in this town I just moved to are real bumpy and I bottom out going 25. Not really bottom out but my front fenders bounce of my front tires. Ive got 17 rims with the Kumho Ecsta Supra 235 35 tires on em. Basically I dont want the suspension to travel as far as it does now. Thank guys for any help.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:23 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default I need a stiffer suspension!

I hear coilovers are a lot stiffer but I dunno. The Eibach Pro kit is a little stiffer from what I have read. Just seach around here this has been covered I'm pretty sure.

Welcome to the boards.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:37 PM

Default Re: over heating

I would not recommend coil-overs on bumpy roads. You won't get good handling since coil-overs that you will find will be for "road race" on a track, not on a crack filled, bumpy road. Not mentionning the lost of all comfort.

Buy a set of KYB gr2 or agx and a the Eibach pro-kit or H&R springs.

Bang/buck for comfort with kyb gr2/ eibach pro-kit springs
Bang/buck for handling with kyb agx/ H&R springs
Old 09-17-2004, 08:19 PM

Default AHH I HATE EBAY! HELP

Or just get the max 17" tire that we can use..... Which is the 205-40-17. The 235 is WAY to big. No wonder you are bottoming out. It has nothing to do with your suspension just too much rubber.
Old 09-18-2004, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Tim please read :) GT28RS

Ultratibby- I know its way to much rubber because I always bend my fender with them when Im turning over a bump, but I get awesome grip from the when I run about 45 psi in em. Im probably going to cut the fendersabout 2 inches and put on wide flares.
Old 09-18-2004, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Blown Clutch?

NO aftermarket springs and struts will help your case with the tires you have on there!

Get the max 215/40R17's MAX!!! And you can go with the Eibach Pro suspension setup. 1.25" drop, which will settle to 1.5" and you'll have no problems with rubbing.
While you're at it get the sway bars.

It's the best ride I've seen. And it's streetable too, as in it's a really smooth ride when you're normal driving, nice and soft, like OEM. But when you push it in the corners, it holds like shit on a baby's ass!!!

But, your tires will have to go first.

OR you can get Coilovers. But you'll have a horible ride, and have to set it up to ride at nearly the highest point during normal driving days, and put it down on track / show days. But you won't be racing much as you're gonna be rubbing ALL THE TIME. As well as a harsh ride on streets.

Why you chose 235's I'll never know :roll:
Old 09-19-2004, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Initial D 4th stage 5 & 6 (5 is now released!)

Preciate the help guys. I only got the big rubber because it was a deal I could not refuse! I had the toyo 205 15 17 befor but they wore out real quick, so when it came time for new ones I was offered these for dirt cheap.