Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

I finally got it....HDK's under strut brace

Old 12-17-2001 | 04:25 AM

Vehicle: Custom Wagon
Default I finally got it....HDK's under strut brace

That's right I finally got it today after waiting almost 5 months for it. But at least it finally got here. Now I have a couple of questions how hard is it to put on and should the bolts be torqued to a certain spec when I do put this on?? Thanks for the info guys but I learned my lesson there is a first time and a last time and this was both of them for me. Got another question is this the rear under strut bar b/c it doesn't look like a rear strut brace to me??

Here's the one I got so I'm not sure which one is the front and which one is the back I think this one is the front.

[ December 17, 2001: Message edited by: Guilty ]
Old 12-17-2001 | 05:20 AM

yeah usually thats what they look like. its not a sway just and under strut brace. dont know about the instalation. how much was it?
Old 12-17-2001 | 05:29 AM

Long the that one in the first pic was 74.00 or so I believe and the one in the second pic was 89.00 or so. I'm going to install it today at about 5:00 or so I'll post up later today to let you guys know how it was.
Old 12-17-2001 | 06:25 AM

would it help to have strut bars on front and back and also under strut in the back???
Old 12-17-2001 | 07:33 AM

it took 5 months to get it.. faaak..

post the installation procedures u did...

im thinkin of geetin one but wtf u put it in ???

also what u guys think about anti-roll bars?? i already got front and rear strut bars
Old 12-17-2001 | 08:57 AM

Vehicle: 1997 accent L

get a rear strut bar. I hear whiteline makes good ones.
Old 12-17-2001 | 12:53 PM

Originally posted by ^AnDre^:
post the installation procedures u did...
also what u guys think about anti-roll bars?? i already got front and rear strut bars

It was an easy install took about a hour and that was with a piece of **** jack to. All you have to do is remove the front bolt that holds the lower A-Arm in place on both sides and install and your done. For your second question I have both front and rear upper strut bars and both front and rear swaybars and it's great the way the car handles all I need now is the rear one and some coil-overs and my suspension will be done. Then I can move on to looks and power.
Old 12-17-2001 | 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Originally posted by Mister694:
would it help to have strut bars on front and back and also under strut in the back???

Yup...and front and rear swaybars...stiffer springs and stiffer struts...and your car will handle 1000% better. Okay...maybe more like 500% better!
Old 12-19-2001 | 01:57 AM

swaybars u mean anti-roll bars right???
just got confused for a sec..

wait... the under strut bar.. is that for the front or the rear of the car??? or is there both??

cuz i though i just saw one...

lol.. sorry guyz im getiin pretty confused..lol tongue.gif
Old 12-19-2001 | 05:09 AM

The one I have is the front one but they also make a rear one. I wish it had a sticker or something let me know where they got it from b/c I would order through them instead of HDK. If you look at the two pics in my first post the top pic is the rear under strut brace and the bottom pic is the front under strut brace. And swaybars are the same as anti-roll bars.