Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

How To Read Abs Error Code

Old 05-13-2006, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

Sometimes I have ABS light on, now it's almost constan on. Dealer here want $20 just to plug in computer and tell me ABS errors (5 minutes work). And no autozones here.

So I found on WebTech this:

INDICATOR CHECK
When the ignition switch is turned on, check that the ABS SRI goes ON for 6 seconds.
If the SRI is not illuminated immediately after ignition on, the ABS fail safe relay may be at fault.

SRI CODE CHECK
With the ignition switch turned ON and "L" terminal of data link connector shorted to ground, diagnostic trouble code No. can be checked, if faults are detected, with reading of SRI lamp flash.

In my case ABS light didn't blink, I tried to connect a 12V LED (you can may connect a bulb, I think) between "L" terminal and ground. And it started to blink.

1. Ground the "L" terminal (Pin No. 15) of data link connector with extension wire, otherwise fault code cannot be accessed.
2. Turn the ignition switch ON.
3. SRI lamp will illuminates for 2 seconds and followed by 3 seconds illumination meaning "Check-in" signal then read the following "Diagnostic trouble code".

4. The first digit of Diagnostic trouble code is determined by the number of long flashes (1.5 sec.) and after the following 2 seconds break, the second digit is determined by the number of short flashes (0.5sec.).
5. Once the SRI lamp flashing is completed, next active trouble code or history trouble code stored at ABSCM will be followed after 3 sec. break while the "L" terminal is grounded or the ignition switch is ON.
6. Diagnostic Trouble code will be retained in the ABSCM until the ignition has been switched ON and the vehicle speed exceeded 8km/h 20 times.

And there is a table of errors.
Any body tried?