Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

how much should i drop my tibby

Old 08-02-2001, 03:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much should i drop my tibby

ok i have 17x7 KONIG TANTRUMS and 205/40/17 kumhoo escta supra rubber and i want to drop it but how much should i drop it

look and give me ur opinion
Old 08-02-2001, 03:18 AM

heres a good picture of the side of my car let me knwo if i should drop it and how much
http://www.teamsr.org/ForumLinkedImages/Ta...oedtibby_03.jpg
Old 08-02-2001, 03:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Throw one of your photos up there so people can see what it looks like.
Old 08-02-2001, 03:19 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

*hehehehehe* Should I answer this question?

Your Choices

- Hydraulics, Air Suspension, Body Drop, Custom coil overs, KORE coil overs (when they come out), drop springs (1.2" all the way up to 2"), cut or heat your springs (wouldn't recommend it, but hey...your ride- your choice) Spring Clamps (again wouldn't recomend it, but good for a cheap drop)
Old 08-02-2001, 03:24 AM

hey lo&sho can u tell me what a body drop is
Old 08-02-2001, 03:36 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by tattooedTIBBY:
hey lo&sho can u tell me what a body drop is

Body drop is a term that mini-truckers, lowriders, and hot rodders use. The term is more used as "Channeling The Body." It's when you lower the body down over the frame by a couple of inches. Alot of times you might see a car or truck at a show that's laying the entire body right on the ground. They've channeled the body, and they have adjustable suspension to get back up to a safe driving height.

You can either take the body completely off the car down to straight frame, weld off the body mounts, and weld in a lower mount. OR..if you don't want to take the body completely off, what you can do, is get a like 4 jacks, and 4 frame jacks to hold the car up. You undo the body mounts, take the other 4 jacks, and lift the body up a little. You then have to cut out the entire bottom of your car and raise it up by however many inches you want. Then weld in side panels for the bottom of the body, sand and smooth. The lower the body back down onto your factory body mounts, and make sure everything is all even. You will also have to lower your engine mounts, and you will have to notch your frame for axel clearance.

I know, I know....not something just any back yard mechanic can do, but it is one of the sweetest mods anyone can do. With trucks, this is a harder mod to do because the frame sits ALOT lower than the body. But for cars, it's not as tough as a job to do because the frame and body are already real even with each other. Either..this is not for the faint of heart, and I would on;y recomend a true professional for this. As far as pricing, you're looking at between $2,000 and $4,000. Plus no vehicle for about 2-3 weeks. eek.gif

Hey..you asked. tongue.gif
Old 08-02-2001, 03:44 AM

Hell ya...anytime I see a car just sitting on the ground I think it looks badass. Especially a tibby...its definately pretty unique...
Old 08-02-2001, 03:46 AM

where could i get coilovers or drop springs from and who has the best ones...
Old 08-02-2001, 04:04 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by tattooedTIBBY:
where could i get coilovers or drop springs from and who has the best ones...

As far as Coil Overs go, there are some available in Korea, but they're really expensive. Weapon R has coil overs for Accents, nad they're in teh process of making some for Tibs. Also, KORE will be coming out with coi overs real soon also.

As far as lowering springs go, it's all personal taste. You can go with an Eibach drop, but it's a small drop (1.2") but it does however have one of the best ride quality's out there. You also have B&G and H&R with a 1.5" drop. And Intrax is a 2" drop. Another thing to think about is that if you do go with a lowering spring set up, you should invest in some good quality shocks/struts like Koni.

Your best bet is do alot of homework and look around. Check out each manufacturer od lowering suspension out there, get the pro's and con's of each one, find out opinions of other people, and then after doing your research, form your own opinion and go with what makes you happy. smile.gif

Good luck........
Old 08-02-2001, 06:03 AM

Air rods! Air rods damnit!!! Hehe...