Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Gram Lights 57c (gold) W/eagle F1 Tires

Old 07-18-2006, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ +42 does not stick out further than +40.. you got it backwards.. +40 would make it stick out further than +42..

and with the tire size, i was refering to the width of the tires...
Old 07-18-2006, 11:36 AM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

You may be right. But we are still only talking about 2mm, and to be honest, I would prefer it that way, it would make it less likely to rub on my fender wells when I corner.

215's are perfect for a 7" wide wheel, the sidewall ends up perfectly even with the edge of the wheel.

Please, I need more opinions here!

Help me decide which ones to get!!! LOL
Old 07-18-2006, 01:41 PM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

gram lites look good.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Definitely go for the 5 spoke wheels. The 57C's look terrific!
As for tires, I just got the BF Goodrich Traction T/A, and they are so quiet, and simply do NOT let go of the road!! I think they come with a 60,000 mile warranty, and I got them with installation for a total of under $400.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:39 PM

I think 42 is too much for a 7" wide rim???
Also, are you SURE they fit? I mean not only the offset, but the bolt pattern and do they have space for the captive bolts?
BTW; I insist, the 57Cs are the way to go, forget about the inscriptions...

QUOTE (tibby01 @ Jul 17 2006, 04:41 PM)
they look alot like my wheels, except different color...

Tibby01, what brand/model are your rims? Would they fit a CAPTIVE setup, or are they Non Captive only?
Old 07-18-2006, 03:10 PM

The kdw2's only come in 205/45's so they wont work perfect for me. I don't like the look of a stretched tire. The wet traction is .5 higher for the F1's and the dry traction is only .1 worse for the F1's so I will more than likely just get those guys.

Has anyone here actually USED and driven on F1's? Feedback would be nice.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I want to go for the 57c's.

About the captive setup, I will make them work one way or another. I know multiple machinists who could hook me up with some help for cheap so if it comes to that I am not worried about it.

About the offset, even if they are 2mm closer to the strut assembly, I have the Ksport full coilovers and there is a good inch or more of room between the tire and the strut so I think I will be fine there.

Also, the tire is slightly smaller than stock (when it comes to circumference), add to that the fact that the wheel will be a bit closer to the strut, and I dont think I will have any fender rubbing issues. If I do, I will take care of it by either raising the car up some, or rolling the fenders.

Still considering tire suggestions though, if they can be found in 215/40/16.

And just to make sure, the correct offset IS +40 right?

Thanks again everyone. smile.gif
Old 07-18-2006, 06:32 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Wheels fing02.gif

Tires mad.gif I dont like them because of no tread contact. Ive been driven in a car with them and wasnt impressed. http://www.vulcantire.com/azenis_rt615_t.htm Those are a much better option. Also try looking at the Hankooks they have a TW of 200.

QUOTE (StrikeEagle @ Jul 18 2006, 04:22 PM)
Definitely go for the 5 spoke wheels. The 57C's look terrific!
As for tires, I just got the BF Goodrich Traction T/A, and they are so quiet, and simply do NOT let go of the road!! I think they come with a 60,000 mile warranty, and I got them with installation for a total of under $400.

Isnt a milage warranty and good stick an oxymoron? And a treadware of 620 isnt even close to sticky.
Taken from their website:
To drivers who want to enhance the performance of their sporty car, sedan, or minivan, Traction T/A® delivers unbeatable traction and handling in dry and wet conditions.

If they stick so well no minivans would use them or they would roll. Even to loose of a sus on a sedan with slicks will flip.

Basically if you are getting a nice wheels get some nice tires too.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:20 PM

Mmm, thanks for the suggestions brian. I don't think I am going to go with the F1's anymore.

I just can't get enough of the kdw2 tread pattern! And I have heard nothing but good things about them (except for some noise, but it couldn't be worse than the noise coming from these sh%%#y dunlop FM901's). I would get the azenis, but the only sizes they have that would work are 205/40's and 215/45's. One is way too small and the other is a bit bigger. The kdw 2's are in a 205/45 which would be damn near perfect. Not to mention that the kdw has a bit higher treadwear rating (300). So although it might not grip as well as the azenis, it will last longer, comes in the size I prefer, and will probably (from the looks of the treadpattern-which is totally SICK) do better in the rain as well. Only downside is the price, 50 bucks more per tire. Doesn't really bother me too much.

The azenis would be great for all out autocross competition, but I think the kdw's and the 57 c's are the way to go. Now I just have to save up some money for them!

Anyway, I greatly appreciate all of your help and please feel free to continue to comment. cool.gif

Well, I just thought to check the optional offsets and there is a +33 and a +42. If I got the +33's the wheels would be more even with the edge line of the car and my wheelbase would be widened a bit, but rubbing might become an issue. I would be safer with the 42's but then the wheels will get sucked in even farther. What should I do here? Does anyone know the stock offset? I believe it is +40?

Thanks.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:37 PM
Banned

about the kdw2s.. did you say you can only get em in 205/45?? 17s right?

mine are 205/40/17..

were u wanting wider (215) or lower of a profile (40).. how does it look stretched? i think mine are 7" rims. would have to double check.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:51 PM

I am getting 16's, not 17's. So that is why I can only get them in 205/45's.

Thanks for the pic, it actually looks damn good, no stretching at all. GOD I LOVE THAT TREAD PATTERN!!!

I am definately getting the kdw's now, lol.

Gonna have to be the 57c's in gold with the KDW 2's in a 205/45/16.

With that tire the speedo will only be off .8% from the stock tire. So at 60 mph on the speedo I would actually be going 59.5 mph. That is perfect for me.

Thanks so much for the help everyone. Hopefully I can get the money together for these within the next month. smile.gif

So one more q. Should I get the +42 or the +33 offset? WHAT IS THE STOCK OFFSET?! I read the sticky about wheel and tire sizing and one person posted +45 and the other +42 so WTF. Could someone help me out please? I would suppose +42 would be safer and make it less likely for me to rub the fenders when cornering, especially since I have extra room on the strut side of things thanks to the Ksports.

When you get an extra inch of width in the wheel, is it spread evenly compared to the offset? Like a half inch of extra width on each side of the wheel with the offset in the same place? I would assume so right? Sorry if that is confusing.

Thanks for any help.