Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

gk~rd similarities ?....

Old 03-05-2005, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone that has the equipment to powdercoat can easily heat treat it too.

But it's not necessary, and hasn't been for decades. TIG weld cromo with the proper filler rod and no heat treatment is needed, nor would it be beneficial.

Stress relieveing after welding might be a good idea though. It supposedly results in a longer fatigue life, but that's still debated.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 tiburon/2000 tiburon

werd.. thats right bro
Old 03-07-2005, 07:34 PM

QUOTE (Blacktibs)
he wants me to prototype the RD version of this. Its being patended right now.

I can't believe how stupid people on here are. It's on its way to being patented, it's still in the R&D stages, and someone starts talking about how they can make one cheaper and better. BS.
There's a reason why I bought a AEM intake, and not a knockoff from eBay. MY money spent went to develop the technology, which funds a company that may give us better proucts in the future, while a knockoff puts money in the pocket of someone who copied an idea.
Granted the price for the item is probably more than we'd expect, but we still have to hear how GOOD this is. We won't know until its finished. As for me, I'm going to wait for results, and buy the real thing when it becomes available.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:10 AM

^^^ word.gif

I totally agree. I am very interested in how this is going to turn out.