Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

gk~rd similarities ?....

Old 02-27-2005, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 tiburon/2000 tiburon

QUOTE (REDZMAN)
No offence man, but who are you?

LOL

And what exactly is the product? I see the pictures but no one is sayin much.

I'd be in prolly though.

Wow, after seeing the price, nah, I wouldn't get it. $250 would about be the max I'd pay for that item.

if everyone is kickin it over this I can have one made of just as good quality if not better..Man i wish my car was in tenesse at prescionmotorsports..and i will be able to offer right around the 300 price range powdercoated.. man if people can be patient I can offer a few things...I just need people to back me up.. come on redz.. all it will take is for me to own one and for you and all pro parts will be game. You seem to be the man around these parts..Chris
Old 02-27-2005, 08:22 AM

For what it is supposed to do and the cost of powdercoating something THAT big (requires a large oven) I do not think that 450 is all that expensive. Think about it.. anybody with front and rear swaybars already has about half that invested in something that is not even a quarter of the size or even the engineering. This is a truely monstrous looking piece and that should act a LOT like the powerbrace that both the RX series and the Miata use to tie the drivetrain together from engine to diff.

I like it, but before I say I am in, I want to see some pictures of it on the GK and the RD.. and not just upshots.. I want to see how far beneath the car it extends.. it would suck to buy and install this only to rip it out on the first speed bump... especially since I will be installing the eibach suspension this summer and dropping the car slightly.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:48 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Chris (turbomx6), you know I'm game man. They just need to start making SOMETHING first so we can get some items out there.

Brian, what are they constructed of?
Old 02-27-2005, 09:16 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

im just curious...

on the convertible tib prototype, they would have had to use something like this. hmmm... maybe we already have ONE. i wanna know what hyundai did to brace that sucker.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:43 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

QUOTE (04sicasstib)
What would you guys think would be a resonable price for something that practically replaces a strut bar, sway bar ,rear strut bar, and adds more stability then all those already on the car ?
i believe we are thinking some where around 450- 500 powdercoated!
This is not a for sure price it depends on how many buy it quanity better price!

thanks
I would love to have your feed back!

Brian Willison
626-905-4535 cell

I think it's a great idea. See what price you can get for 20 people group buy, and make sure it fits 97-01 models. I would suggest getting the cheapest, yet most stable product possible... powdercoating really isn't necessary for the under carriage of the car.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:16 PM

QUOTE (REDZMAN)
Chris (turbomx6), you know I'm game man. They just need to start making SOMETHING first so we can get some items out there.

Brian, what are they constructed of?

pick up car tomarrow car should be there within the month.. say a couple weeks...chromoly tubalar hollow piping is my guess.. car is going down on the 12 of march bro...

well looks like if this will work on a rdI can have them built with alot nicer weld and powdrcoated for right around 400 bucks...so the price up above isnt a bad price.. now more I sell maybe i can get them to go lower
Old 03-05-2005, 05:58 PM

WEll you may beable to have one created but after im done the quality the warranty and the shipping will be nothing but the best in quality and price.

Dont you have some one else idea you can copy?
Old 03-05-2005, 06:58 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

If it works well and enough people buy to get price down a bit I would like one
I could hear the body twisting and tourqing today, it would be nice to get rid of that
Old 03-05-2005, 09:27 PM

QUOTE (turbo93mx6)
pick up car tomarrow car should be there within the month.. say a couple weeks...chromoly tubalar hollow piping is my guess.. car is going down on the 12 of march bro...

well looks like if this will work on a rdI can have them built with alot nicer weld and powdrcoated for right around 400 bucks...so the price up above isnt a bad price.. now more I sell maybe i can get them to go lower

Chrome moly...hahaha...I dunno...I double check the welds...chrome moly needs to be heat treated to get its full-rated strength working correctly. Meaning? Heat affected weld zones become weak and brittle...meaning a crapload of money wasted.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:26 PM

ArcticChill: Chrome moly...hahaha...I dunno...I double check the welds...chrome moly needs to be heat treated to get its full-rated strength working correctly. Meaning? Heat affected weld zones become weak and brittle...meaning a crapload of money wasted.

Ill ask my manufactor about this man...